I don't like "excessive" breasts

Divah_nordique

Determining the right question has always been more important to me than the right answer (answers will present themselves to the right question). So my question is ... what is your value for x. Find that and you will land happily on the curve. Your place on the curve will not be my place, but as the line has infinite points we can all find our own comfy spot (and tangents to our points will intersect at some point near or far, but that's OK too).

Trandoshan, your utility function looks odd... if "x" is indeed your interest in boobs, why does it approach towards infinity when boob size approaches 0 ? If your graph is correct, the smaller the bewbies, the more interested you are. I thought you were more of the balanced type: not too big, not too small... If your utility function IS correct and you do have an insane craving for flat chests, please ignore the above.

Furthermore, your graph presents a problem: interest in boobs being in the x axis, it is impossible for a sample population to dislike small boobs, like medium ones, and dislike large ones. Indeed, such a utility function would form a C shaped curve in your graph, which is impossible: as for an "x" value can only be attributed one, and only one, "y" value (the contrary does not hold true). Thus, interest in boobs must be the "y" axis.

Here is my take at the graph. Feel free to comment. Note that the numerical values for the "y" axis are purely relative, they serve the sole purpose of enabling one to gauge preferences concerning boob size relative to the sample population. Saying: "I like C cups 3" would be nonsense.

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/3531/graph.jpg

As you can see, the functions are purely speculative and are merely an approximation of the following opinion expressed in this topic, being: "most Oblivion players like the biggest boobs possible, a minority likes them moderately big and dislike the huge balloons" as well as Trandoshan's chart concerning his own preferences. For an accurate graph, I would need polling data from a sample population of Oblivion players. If you wish to submit your polling data please choose among the following:

Rate preference for titties from 1 (dislike) to 10 (do want) for all following categories:

flat chest, A cup, B cup, C cup, D cup, E cup, ridonkulously huge.

For those wishing to remain anonymous, feel free to send me your polling data by private message instead of replying in this thread.

P.S.: indicating your gender in your poll could reveal itself interesting as I have a strong intuition that data discrepancies between sexes are significant.

You actually need a few more divisions in the boob size before hitting the end, as HGEC covers AA,A,B,C,D,E,F,H, K cups, then there are the "pair of perambulating boobs with a tiny parasitic human" ones at the far end.

Also the cup size preferance may depend on the race involved ... big burly nords and orcs tend to look better with proportionally sized boobs. So an Orc may look best with D/E cup while a similarly proportioned Bosmer would only be a B cup.

However I shall be very interested to see the end result!

(Personally I like busty girls, within the "real" range, so C to E cup for a girl of average height and build)

There is one important aspect to this discussion: 2D vs. 3D

In real (3D) life I adore everything around B and C. Enough breast action to be VERY sexy. But Oblivion is 2D only. And on a flat screen and a mere C Cup I can hardly distinguish between boys and girls. So to get the same "feeling" it takes a "little" more: E or H.

Errr ... are we obsessed?? Not me ... a normal male who's vote goes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 2 & 1 (using MarkinMKUK's HGEC size progression). Now that applies to Oblivion ... real world may mirror that order somewhat, but the final selection criteria are heavily modified by that gray lump located between the ears of the head attached to said mammaries. When all is said and done the mind is mightier than the 'mam'.