Deadly Reflex 6 new game problem?

I recently wiped my computer clean of Oblivion. I got rid of all the mods, everything. I reinstalled it because of DR6, I only wanted to have it on there. I downloaded all the required and the optionals I wanted, and then put them all into Oblivion. I currently am using Combat moves.esp, Horsecombatmaster.esm, oblivion.esm, And SP1stPersonLegs.esp. I installed NifSe, OBSE, all the like.

Now, everything starts up to the title screen great. One problem. I click new game and nothing happens. I just click yes and the title screen keeps flowing. I try this as many times as possible but nothing happens.

yeah you're not really giving people in the forums much stuff to work with to help you. "and the like..." isn't exactly very useful for us to determine if you have problems with your load orders and all. you need to give more details like a full list of mods you're running, what utilities you used to install them and what order you installed them etc... Did you install on Windows Vista/7 into the program files folder where UAC can cause trouble with it? These are just a fraction of the questions that need to be answered before anyone can help you.

I'm having the same problem. Here is all the stuff I know:

I am only using the mods that came with Deadly Reflexes 6, and those that the instructions told me to install. I went through and checked it out, and this problem only happens when I have DeadlyFeflex 6 - Combat Moves.esp checked/active. If I have it unchecked, I can start a new game as normal.

Here is what my list on OblivionModManager looks like:

HorseCombatMaster.esm

Oblivion.esm

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

Knights.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

DropLitTorchOBSE.esp

SP1stPLegs.esp

HUD Status Bars.esp

Deadly Reflex 6 - Timed Block with no damage or durability changes.esp

Mounted_Spellcasting_Deadly_Reflex_Compatible.esp

DeadlyReflex 6 - Combat Moves.esp

I downloaded the mod here on TESNEXUS at this address: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8273

I have tried starting the game with OblivionModManager and obse_loader.exe, and it had the same effect both times.

I installed on Windows 7 in the Programs(x86) folder.

I used WinRAR to extract the files.

I installed manually (copying the folders to the data folder, or wherever the various ReadMe files told me to)

Like I said, the game runs fine as long as I don't have DeadlyReflex 6 - Combat Moves.esp checked.

I followed the installation instructions at the above address to the letter (other than them recommending I install through OBMM).

This is all the information I can think of, let me know if you need any other info.

Installing Oblivion in the default C:\Program Files (x86) is a common problem causer. The un-modded game runs fine but as soon as you start installing mods the Microsoft security feature UAC will start to interfere. I'm not familiar with DR6 so I can't help there, but if you do decide to go through an uninstall/re-install be sure to install outside of Program Files (x86) (e.g. C:\Games\Oblivion). One of the moderators here bben46 has posted this uninstall/re-install guide to help achieve a correct and complete job.

• 5 weeks later...
i had the same problem....try re-installing obse 0020...unlike the previous versions it has a folder called "sfc" i think. make sure you have that in there aswell otherwise obse wont work and will stop the whole thing...give kudos if this helped

oh and also i found this confusing basically the bar mod thing which lets you seee the momentum thingy needs somthing called menuQue so you have to have that installed aswell....remember to read the descriptions of the mods which are required or a mod (kinda weird and un needed that a requirment requires a requirment :S)