Do you act like a Normal Person in OBLIVION?

F4OST

Personally I don't see the reason why I would act in-game. What's the use ? I have a real life to attend to, not an in-game life. So sleeping, eating, doing realistic things that doesn't actually change anything in the game I don't do it.

There is a very fascinating thing some people do called "role-playing"

I like roleplaying in MUDs, but for Oblivion, I think I'm with Mysterious on this one. :-) At least for now.

:biggrin:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should I really feel super guilty after getting poor old crazy Glarthir killed when he trusted me so much? Sure, he wanted me to kill people, but still, I feel like a dirty backstabber :sweat:

Maybe next time when my evil alter ego takes the stage... :devil:

I wouldn't feel anything for Glathir. There's no attachment there, you're just some chump he's playing to get rid of some people. He doesn't trust you any further than he can spit.

If you must feel guilty about getting someone killed, feel guilty about The Adoring Fan. He loves you :wub: , and if he doesn't get killed holding a torch in some fort; he adoringly jumps off dive rock, all for you. :yes:

I finally met the Adoring Fan, thanks to Arena Lite. He valiantly killed a rat in my character's defense but then a mudcrab ate him in one bite. I felt so horrible. I don't usually reload to previous saves when someone dies, but I did, and now I keep ordering him to stay somewhere safe because I don't have the heart to tell him to go away. Sure, he's annoying, but I still feel sorry for him.

I don't think he eats or sleeps, but just in case I always leave him behind somewhere there is food and a place he could sleep close to him. I only let him follow me in towns now. Don't want a repeat of that mudcrab incident. I do sometimes wonder if Glarthir might have been his dad.

I do sometimes wonder if Glarthir might have been his dad.

Nah, he's just a male Bosmer. They're all crazy. Why do you think so many female Bosmer hook up with men of other races?

As for roleplaying, I certainly devise a personality and backstory for my characters, but I don't have much interest in realism mods, and I always find a way for my character to do every quest. Knights of the Nine, the OOO paladin quest, Relics of Holy Justice, the Thieves' Guild, the Dark Brotherhood, Mannimarco: Resurrection (I *always* side with Mannimarco), I do them all.

EDIT: After thinking about it a while, I realized: I don't even act like a normal person in real life, why would I act like one in game?

Edited by schijnn

I'll only do certain things based on my character's personality. Dark Brotherhood is out of the picture for now. No sense in an innocent flower wearing girl murdering people. I stole a couple things here and there, but it's just food, give me a break.

Yet to be confronted by guards about stealing a radish. That would be the dumbest thing ever.