A Quest for Heaven--Crashes

Muddyhead

I am really enjoying this mod! It is a great story.

I've worked through the Satellite Facility and the Cyborg Lab; but now the Game freeze-up in the Wasteland whenever I try to save the game or fast travel. It then eventually crashes to the Desktop. Sometimes the freeze is so bad, that I have to reboot.

Has any one else had this problem. Are you able to suggest a solution?

All responses are appreciated.

I've worked through the Satellite Facility and the Cyborg Lab; but now the Game freeze-up in the Wasteland whenever I try to save the game or fast travel. It then eventually crashes to the Desktop. Sometimes the freeze is so bad, that I have to reboot.

AQFH episode 1 right? OK, it's been some time since I last played it so I might not be able to help you as well as I'd want to.

Anyway, Do you use FOMM? If so, do you have any other mods installed? If so, have you tried changing load orders?

You might also want to try disabling all mods and then enabling one at a time to see what mod's causing the problem.

So it crashes if you try saving? Do you overwrite an older savegame? Or do you save in an empty slot? You might just have a corrupt savegame. Also, turn the game's auto-save functions off. Yes, even you don't have a corrupt savegame.

Another thing you might want to consider is the fact that AQFH is a very resource intensive mod (all 3 of them) So, unless you have a badass gaming rig, you might want to try lowering your graphics settings...

You might also want to try browsing through the mod page's comments section to see if your problem or something similar to it has been reported before. Otherwise you could ask it there yourself...

I'm afraid, at this point, thats all I can do...

Thank you, BlackRampage.

You've given me much to try out. I, most times, save in an empty slot. I've tried an earlier game; same result. But I'll try some more.

FYI These are the mods I have, in load order--first to last:

Anchorage(off)

Fallout 3(on)

The Pitt(on)

Broken Steel(on)

Point Lookout(on)

Zeta(off)

A Quest For Heaven_D_103(on)

Fallout Safe Exit v1.1(on)

Max Level 99 V2(on}

NotSoFast(off)

FasterMorePowerfulMines(off)

HeirApparent(off)

I'll keep monkeying with the settings.

But if there is any magic out there; I'm still listening.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Muddyhead

Install this , and you should be good to go, it clears up more than the name implies, it was done deliberately For this specific reason Here's the link, Pm me if it works.>>>And this is MAGIC As you asked for ithttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

Fallout 3 Invisible wall bugs remover

Edited by ccmechanic2

Install this , and you should be good to go, it clears up more than the name implies, it was done deliberately For this specific reason Here's the link, Pm me if it works.>>>And this is MAGIC As you asked for ithttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

Yup I'll second that. Still had to give that a try myself, but yes, it is magic :)

@Muddyhead:

You might want to keep the Fallout 3 .esm at the first spot. Yes, I know you've got Anchorage disabled, but you want to do that anyway...

(not a lot of mods you have btw but that's okay)

Yup I'll second that. Still had to give that a try myself, but yes, it is magic :)

@Muddyhead:

You might want to keep the Fallout 3 .esm at the first spot. Yes, I know you've got Anchorage disabled, but you want to do that anyway...

(not a lot of mods you have btw but that's okay)

Sorry for the late response, phone was tied up all night uploading a 42.mb video on dial up, Ouch! any way just got back access to the system and I find 6 replies in my inbox, I am glad it worked out for you, that is a great help to me, I am noting the out come with your complaint post as a success attribute for my massive data base I have compiled. This is very good news, your circumstances are of great importance with the mode and it shows me the what and where effectiveness is. Thank you now I have to answer all these postshttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/pinch.gif

if you look closer and read , you may find that anchorage is in full swing my friend, remember the subject of the thread, what it's about, the very data your looking at IS anchorage. Yes the esm is disabled, why I did that is because you can not edit a master. Now look again and you will see what's really going on.

if you look closer and read , you may find that anchorage is in full swing my friend, remember the subject of the thread, what it's about, the very data your looking at IS anchorage. Yes the esm is disabled, why I did that is because you can not edit a master. Now look again and you will see what's really going on.

Ehm what? Are you referring to what I said about Muddyhead's load order?

I was just trying to point out to him/her that it's better to have the FO3 .esm at the top, that's all. If that's not what you meant, well, then I don't know what you meant :)

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna endorse your mod...

P.S. It's not that bad if you don't respond immediately...

I was just trying to point out to him/her that it's better to have the FO3 .esm at the top, that's all. If that's not what you meant, well, then I don't know what you meant :)

woops I'm sorry I must have missed something, Lol oh boy I am gonna have breakfast and get some coffeehttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/laugh.gif in me, this is terrible. the load order of course, it was burred way back in my logs.

woops I'm sorry I must have missed something, Lol oh boy I am gonna have breakfast and get some coffeehttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/laugh.gif in me, this is terrible. the load order of course, it was burred way back in my logs.

Hahaha that's OK. Seeing how busy you are with all this stuff, I can understand all too well. Kudo's to you for making me LOL.