Loli

Fatalmasterpiece

Xenophobic yes, they are not sexist though...

Don't know about xenophobic, but elements of the Japanese legal system look sexist though.

The definition of rape in Japan is limited to vaginal penetration by a penis, therefore excluding forced oral and anal penetration and penetration by any other object, as well as rape of men. Forced penetration of these kinds is downgraded to indecent assault (see Appendix 1b). These laws have remained basically unchanged apart from a few minor changes since they were promulgated in 1907 (Shiraishi, 2006: 242).

Edited by GenocideLolita

Xenophobic yes, they are not sexist though...

Don't know about xenophobic, but elements of the Japanese legal system look sexist though.

The definition of rape in Japan is limited to vaginal penetration by a penis, therefore excluding forced oral and anal penetration and penetration by any other object, as well as rape of men. Forced penetration of these kinds is downgraded to indecent assault (see Appendix 1b). These laws have remained basically unchanged apart from a few minor changes since they were promulgated in 1907 (Shiraishi, 2006: 242).

But doesn't that mean that you couldn't even rape a man? Legally speaking?

It's strange, but it looks like you can't. :blink:

Of course, we're talking about a country that's forced to run women-only passenger cars in their subways, because apparently Japanese men can't keep their hands to themselves.

If that's the case then, it looks like in rape laws, Japan is very pro-female, since they're the only ones that are actually protected in any way. If you're a man, you're SOL.

It's still sexist if men are discriminated against, because sexism doesn't necessarily mean the same thing as being anti-female.

Uhh hold on...

First off the women only passenger stuff is not sexist at all, that's entirely optional.

I would like to see what part of the law code that rape thing is in, because it seems to be from a news article and not a section of law.

I need to inject that while beauty pageants surely can be terribly unhealthy, they're not even in the same league as lolicon.

Little girls typically love to dress up in mommy's clothes. They are emulating and mimicing and socializing their (adult) gender. That is not only fine, it's healthy.

I need to inject that while beauty pageants surely can be terribly unhealthy, they're not even in the same league as lolicon.

Little girls typically love to dress up in mommy's clothes. They are emulating and mimicing and socializing their (adult) gender. That is not only fine, it's healthy.

No, little girls don't decide to go out on stage.

A lot of girls are too young to even decide for themselves and they get sucked into it for their entire life.

No, little girls don't decide to go out on stage.

A lot of girls are too young to even decide for themselves and they get sucked into it for their entire life.

You seem to go out of your way to argue with me.

No? No to what exactly? Putting words in my mouth again? Because I surely didn't say anything about little girls deciding to go on stage. I was talking about my own experience that proves that little girls like to dress up in mommy's clothes and makeup, just as I did as a child, and every little girl in my family has liked to do also, without exception. None of us, three generations, have participated in "beauty pageants" though I was in 4-H and participated in such things as "fair queen" etc.

Notice the new paragraph and the extra space in your quoted text? Pageants are off topic for this discussion, as they are nothing like lolicon, which is the subject of this discussion.

Further observation on this discussion, is that there are people confusing lolicon with "dressup". Dressup is play, is normal, and is healthy.

Got it now? Let's reiterate:

Debating pageants is a new topic I won't have any interest in debating, but I always have an interest in pointing out fallacious thinking.

Unrelated to the subject of pageants, is the observation that mimicry and dress-up play is a form of mimicing the parent and is a primary aspect of how children are socialized into their community, something that has gone on for millenia. If this is an unfamiliar concept you could try reading Mead.