How to Do Looping Dialogue?

ManehattanProject

Okay, so here's the plan.

I have a player conversation with an NPC. Basically what happens is that the first "tier" of choices (responding to "Are you that Courier?") branch out for a variety of flavors on how to respond. They go through a back-and-forth with the player for a bit and then eventually all point back to the same NPC response. (Basically 5 player responses need to point back at a single NPC statement).

Can this be done? And if so, how is this done within the GECK dialogue options? The tutorials I've found don't really have this kind of conversation. I've done a lot of digging, but I ended up writing out my dialogue options as flowcharts and visualizing the dialogue trees are REALLY hard for me.

Shouldn't you just eventually link all of your dialogue options to the same topic, basically? Like, put the same choice in the "final" branch of all of your dialogue options, so no matter what dialogue the player chooses, they will eventually find the same final response. I am bad at explaining myself and I'm also not sure if I understand what you're trying to do. :confused:

Shouldn't you just eventually link all of your dialogue options to the same topic, basically? Like, put the same choice in the "final" branch of all of your dialogue options, so no matter what dialogue the player chooses, they will eventually find the same final response. I am bad at explaining myself and I'm also not sure if I understand what you're trying to do. :confused:

So you're essentially saying repeat along each dialogue branch for each decision? That unless it's a Q&A?