Problems with OBSE

CptShmeggles

Hey, guys. I just started installing mods and whatnot for my PC version of Oblivion. So, I downloaded the OBSE thing off the official website. I unzipped the folder with WinRAR and it's in my data folder. But when I go to open in in Data Files when I open my Oblivion window, there's not the OBSE check box present. I don't know if it isn't supposed to be there, but I assumed it was. I need it to play the 28 Days and A Bit mod for the zombie apocalypse 8D so anyways, if someone could give me a hand, I'd be so grateful. Thanks!

The files OBSE needs (obse_loader.exe, obse_1_2_416.dll and obse_editor_1_2.dll) should be in your Oblivion folder NOT your Data folder. You don't click a check mark like a mod, you need to either edit your Oblivion shortcut to run OBSE or create a new shortcut that runs OBSE.

The files OBSE needs (obse_loader.exe, obse_1_2_416.dll and obse_editor_1_2.dll) should be in your Oblivion folder NOT your Data folder. You don't click a check mark like a mod, you need to either edit your Oblivion shortcut to run OBSE or create a new shortcut that runs OBSE.

Okay, thanks, so I have the two obse files in my Oblivion folder now, any clue as to how I can run it with OBSE? Like to create a new shortcut that runs OBSE.

If you want to change your old Oblivion shortcut to start using obse_loader.exe instead you just right click the shortcut and select Properties from the right click menu. On the Target tab you'll see the top field has your current OblivionLauncher.exe at the end of the path (if you are installed to the default location it will be "C:\Program Files|Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\OblivionLauncher.exe"). You want to change the OblivionLauncher.exe part with obse_loader.exe and leave the quote mark at the end. Leave the Start In field alone. Click Apply and then OK and you'll be good to go. The only thing to remember is if you install a mod manually you will need to start Oblivion from either the Start Menu or from Windows Explorer and double click OblivionLauncher.exe to get the Oblivion Data Files menu (where you click your esp to get the black X). Close the Oblivion luancher menu and then start Oblivion using your edited shortcut.

Edit: Corrections per whalecakes helpful suggestions below.

Edited by Striker879

Oblivion.exe doesn't have the data files menu, Oblivion Launcher.exe does, and you shouldn't use the launcher because it has no way to change the load order, can mess up your load order and may decide to autodetect your GPU and mess up all your graphics settings in ways which can require going into your oblivion.ini to fix.

Also, you can just right-click on obse_loader.exe and select 'create shortcut' then drag the shortcut wherever you want it to be.

Oops ... thanks once again whalecakes for helping with my mistakes. OblivionLauncher.exe is correct ... kudos for having my back.