5mm Marksman rifle request

Madcombat977

So i was bored, and i started thinking about FNV's assault carbine. More specifically, its ammo type the 5mm. 5mm in the vanilla game is only used in the minigun and the assault carbine, and how neither of those weapons would even be considered in a marksman role. The carbine has an unusable amount spread for any mid-long range fight, and while the minigun can be modded to have lower spread, it still has the spin-up time and fire rate more suited for a spray and pray type of gun.

So I thought a weapon like the AUG would be a logical canidate. The bullpup design allows for the rifle to be short and still have a decent length barrel, and it could use the carbine's default 24 and extended 30 round mags. Why wouldn't the Pre-War military have something like this?

As for the design and model for the rifle, an AUG A3 given a marksman kit like the SCAR-H became the SCAR-H SV would be my personal opinion, and what i personally think would fit in with the existing fallout lore.

(As for mod suggestions, a supressor would fit, along with a bipod and angled grip to reduce sway and the amount that the weapon kicks up while scoped.)

(For a unique version, maybe a desert paint scheme combined with generally increased stats? (ex. more damage, higher critical chance and damage, increased fire rate and durability etc.) basically anything that fits a precision or spec ops role.)

Why wouldn't the Pre-War military have something like this?

A lot of modern military's use a bullpup design. The main reason the US military doesn't use them though is left handed shooters usually forced to shoot right handed, the reloads are generally slower and you have to come off target when reloading. It may be the same reason why the US military in the Fallout universe didn't have bullpup rifles as well.

Oh. I was assuming the two orginizations acted differently due too the differences between them

Not necessarily, those are pretty valid reasons given how left hand shooters are common and reloading is very important. There's a misconception that because bullpups aren't american the US military doesn't use them. I think that may also play a factor in Fallouts case seeing how McCarthyistic the US is in that timeline.