Do you know how to play Caravan?

kevkiev

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know how to play caravan?

I guess I'm an oddball in this. I love caravan. When I used to play FNV on my PS3 I ended up making abou 31000+ caps in caravan. You can make so much money, but thats not why I play it, I just enjoy it.

• 1 month later...
I think that caravan in the game would be more interesting if you could see some of the lifeless NPCs playing it.

I think that caravan in the game would be more interesting if you could see some of the lifeless NPCs playing it.

I never really thought of that before but, yeah, that is a good idea. Would make sense for, say, the merchant crews to play a few hands among themselves while killin' time at the Mojave Outpost. Or pretty much any NPCs you see idling around doing not much of anything.

Foolproof method:

All 6's

All 10's

All Kings

All Jacks

In the first round, discard cards until you have two or three 6's, 10's and kings. Get rid of all Jacks, and get rid of any copies you have over three until your hand is ready.

Ideal hands:

10, 10, 10, 6, 6, 6, k, k

10, 10, 6, 6, 6, k, k, k

10, 10, 10, 6, 6, k, k, k

Play one ten on each caravan (either before or after you play the 6's)

Play one six on each caravan (either before or after you play the tens)

Play one king on each ten (last)

Use jacks to remove high-number cards in your opponent's caravans

You will be (almost) guaranteed a win in nine turns. If this does not happen, just keep futzing with your opponent's caravans using Kings and Jacks (Honestly it doesn't matter which so long as the end result doesn't make the opponent's caravan = 21-26), targeting caravans with a total of 21-26. You will make money quickly and painlessly.

Caravan was a decent idea, but it needs some severe refinement.

yup...been doing this for so long. Caravan is an execellent source of caps.

I do much the same with the sixes and tens, but I mix in some eights and nines.

9K + 8 = 26

mostly down to me wanting to prolong things with a slightly larger deck :P

the reason caravan is easy is probably because you can futz with the AI's deck and it won't futz back. a human opponent might be a lot more aggravating :P

• 6 months later...
i rather like playing, it is really easy once you know how, and have a few extra cards to work with... one cool thing is you can sell merchants all your money (the different currencys that is not pre-war) and get the $$ for it, play a game and the npc will use it as additional money for the game. At lvl 10 I had about $500 in other currency, so i was selling it for $500ish then winning it all back + whatever the max they wagered.. was making about 1k per hand (counting both transactions) at lvl10. Definatly helps to outfit your toon early ;-)

Im quite good at caravan. I dont use any deck tricks in fact my deck is completely random and simply contains every card I have found. The problem is Im usually not around the NPCs that play caravan with you(Enemy with NCR. Like the DLCs and open desert. Too many new world mods.)

Im quite good at caravan. I dont use any deck tricks in fact my deck is completely random and simply contains every card I have found. The problem is Im usually not around the NPCs that play caravan with you(Enemy with NCR. Like the DLCs and open desert. Too many new world mods.)

I actually do the same thing. I find it more fun and challenging to get a random set of cards and try to win with it.