Unable to start game due to SweetFx

tonbogiri

I renamed the file and the error message is gone now but the Skyrim screen will pop-up as a flash then just close again, not even entering the game for a second. I moved all my Skyrim data from my C: drive to my D: one because my C: drive has 118 GB and my D: drive has 1.81 TB so there would be room and I redirected everything. I uninstalled the game and set the directory there and did all my modding again but now my TES5edit won't work to tell me if it's a mod acting up and I just installed Project ENB following

's instructions and now it won't launch. Help if you can, please!

• 2 weeks later...
Same problem for me when I installed Season of Skyrim ENB (the procedure entry point createDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\Windows\SYSTEM\d3d11.dll)

I found that on internet (i have W10) :

Computer > C: > Windows > System32

Find and copy DXGI.DDL and paste in your skyrim folder. Overwrite if asked.

It worked for me :smile:

Sorry for possible mistakes, I'm not bilingual.

Edited by Vayleena

• 4 weeks later...

I copied the files from system32, but my effects like DoF dont work. Any help?

Nevermind I tried renaming the dxgi file to d3d11 and it worked. Everything is running like it was. Thanks for the help!

• 4 weeks later...

Too late, but my issue was resolved by deleting "Mod Organizer.ini" from the folder of Mod Organizer. This forced my Mod Organizer to create another one clean version of the file.

For me was perfect, all my mods still there and no mod order issue.

I'm brazilian, first time here.

• 4 weeks later...

3 days ago i was able to play skyrim properly, after that i came back to skyrim, launched the game and it gave me the error (the procedure entry point createDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\Windows\SYSTEM\d3d11.dll)

I recently installed Familiar faces and Genesis. But uninstalled it and tried to run again, so I don't think this was the cause as well.

So, i narrowed it down to sweetFx, it had nothing to do with the mods that i had as i uninstalled every mod i had and reinstalled them and ordered them properly with LOOT.

when i removed sweetFx via FXAA ENB SweetFX Manager, skyrim launched but only after the bethesda screen loaded,i beg of you please help me D: I need SKYRIM!!!!

Current OS : Windows 10 - 64 bit

GPU : GTX970 4GB

DirectX version : 12

Where skyrim is kept : D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim

P.S : Skyrim was able to properly launch even after i updated to Windows 10 so I'm sure it has nothing to do with Windows.

Edit: in my excitement i quoted the wrong post haha:

According to https://msdn.microso...7(v=vs.85).aspx, createDXGIFactory2 is not located in d3d11.dll but in dxgi.dll. I found a 32 bit version of dxgi.dll in my Sykrim folder and a 64 bit version in %windir%\System32. The 32 bit version, however, did not contain the createDXGIFactory2 symbol.

Local dlls are preferred over those in System32, so my fix was deleting (or better renaming) the dxgi.dll in my Skyrim folder.

I hope this helps.

P.S.: I still don't know exactly why/how this broke at all. Maybe it's related to a recent update of the nvidia driver to version 355.82.

@drhossa9

I COULD KISS YOU!!!

Seriously this fixed soooo many problems that even boris (creator of enb) was unsure of how to remedy!

I have experiencing this weird thing with enb not recognising exteriors and treating every area/cell as an interior. my dof didnt work at all etc etc. I set all settings in all ini's as instructed (including bdeferredshadows) and even used a fail safe ini or two.

this fixed EVERYTHING. i now have dof working as it should. interiors and exteriors are working fine. and seriously, thank you. I have emailed boris with this fix too

Edited by Ekzz

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm confused. What file specifically am I supposed to be renaming? I know it's called dxgi.dll but I don't have that file in my Skyrim folder. I found it in my System32 folder but it won't let me rename that one because I "don't have permission" even though I'm the admin. Also, I'm hesitant to rename anything in my System 32 folder anyways. Furthermore, what am I renaming it to? Am I renaming it to d3d11.dll? Because that file exists in my System32 folder already as well and I'd have to replace that file with this one which again, I "don't have permission" tp do? Can anyone make a stupid proof step by step walkthrough of this for me? I really want to play this game again. Thanks for the help everyone!

Renaming the dxgi.dll to dxgi.dll.bak in my Fallout New Vegas folder fixed the issue for me as well.

@Starym

Do not rename anything in your System32 folder.

I did find another NexusMods thread with the same issue. Going from that thread, you can try:

1. Updating your video card drivers (every thread I've found seems to be related to nvidia. I also have an nvidia GPU)

2. and then copying that dxgi.dll file that you found in your System32 folder, and pasting it into your Skyrim folder. (This step may actually be unnecessary as not having the dxgi.dll file in your Skyrim folder will make it check your system32 folder for the file anyway)

3. If 1 and 2 doesn't work, you may also need to install DirectX 9 libraries. Specifically the June 2010 runtime libraries. You can find it from Microsoft's website here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

When you run that DirectX 9 installer, it will ask you to select a temporary location to extract the files to. You can just create a new folder on your Desktop and give it a name (such as DX9) and tell it to extract there.

Once it's done, open that DX9 folder and look for DXSETUP.exe and run and install it. Once it's finished, you should theoretically be good to go and can delete that DX9 folder.

Another thing you can try doing (that I found from another thread) is to change ExpandSystemMemoryX64 to false in the ENB settings.

Apparently all kinds of things can cause this issue, and they all seem to have Windows 10 and nvidia in common.

But hopefully that gets you up and running. :smile:

In the worst case scenario, you can just uninstall/delete the ENB.