Trying to combine some mods and eliminate conflict

miketheratguy

I'm at my wit's end trying to create a stable game of Skyrim that allows me to use the mods that I actually want to use. Basically, I'm looking to have all of these mods working with (that is, not overwriting) each other:

Skyrim Climate Overhaul: Summer edition

Audio of Skyrim

Sounds of Skyrim (all 3 modules)

Enhanced Lighting and FX (plus its Enhancer and Exterior plugins)

The first mod, SCO, turns the Skyrim landscape pleasant and summery while also adding some weather effects. Audio of Skyrim replaces and enhances existing sounds. Sounds of Skyrim adds new sounds to the game. ELFX changes the lighting / shadows of interior and exterior areas of the game.

The problem is that each of these mods seems to alter some of the same cells, and obviously only the last one on the list will take effect. I'd like to get them all playing alongside each other but I don't know how to go about doing that. I've been looking for the last hour and some people recommend a bashed patch, others say that a bashed patch is only for leveled lists and to use TES5Edit to make a merged patch, then someone said TES5Edit requires a special script, someone else said that TES5Edit will not "accept" merged patches anymore, still others say that merging is automatic but I still have to delete actual records myself, and...well you get the point.

Basically I'm just trying to learn the easiest and most automated way to combine these mods in such a way that they'll all have their effects in my game without overruling one another. Please help!

Edited by miketheratguy

What makes you think you'll get a consensus here then? :wink: The only way to get large overhaul mods, such as audio mods to work with each other is if some poor sod has gone to the painstaking effort of making a compatibility patch. That usually means editing lots of records in TES5edit or the creation kit. I'd suggest you pick one really good, well maintained audio overhaul that has compatibility with ELFX (e.g. Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2) and only one.

What makes you think you'll get a consensus here then? :wink:

Lol that's actually a rather good point.

The only reason I'm looking to be able to do this is because some poor sod has not yet offered a patch that will allow all of these files to work with one another, and for that reason I feel like the sod will have to be me. It's not that these mods don't play well together in one fashion or another (pretty much any two of them will work without conflict), it's that using all four will overwrite like crazy and prevent me from enjoying their individual features.

I respect the advice to just choose what I want the most and live with it, but I'm willing to try to make a patch for myself to get the effects from all of them. I know that it will be a learning process but it seems as if it's my only option. I just don't know if it's TES5Edit or Wrye Bash (or perhaps even something else) that is the correct tool to accomplish this.