Armour Transmogrification

AlduinWorldEater

I play a lot of World of Warcraft...I mean, a LOT of WoW...and I've kinda become spoiled on being able to transmog armour. I'd love to see it in Skyrim.

For those who don't play, or don't understand, transmogrification (in this sense) is taking one piece of armour and making it look like another piece of the same type of armour. In WoW, Plate can only be mogged to other plate pieces, mail to mail, etc.

I'm thinking that I'd like to be able to take a set of higher-tier armour and make it look like a set of lower-tier, but cooler-looking, armour. Restrictions would obviously be that you can only change light armour to look like other light pieces, and heavy armour to look like other heavy pieces. Allows a little more mix-and-match while still retaining the armour rating of the higher piece.

I'm mainly wanting to use this for modded armours, so that I can get the armour rating of, say, Daedric or Dragon armour, while looking like a weaker item whose appearance I prefer. I realize that could become very, very complicated, especially with smithing and mod-added armours.