Some General Tips and Shortcuts

Theodarius

>>

I'm taking this post away, because my English isn't good enough to keep it as an example (at least that post was an ugly example even for me), and it's USELESS anyway... As I undestood nobody can help me with my problem, the .nif files can be opened only with 3dsmax and proper plugins that exist only for versions 3, 4 and 5 (with some bugs), but none of those versions of 3dsmax are available now. At least there is no legal way to get those versions: no trial versions older that ver.7, and no purchasing versions older that 6.

:(

So, now only those people can work with meshes in Morrowind who were lucky to get once upon a time one of the old versions of 3dsmax. Or those who doesn't care about copyrights.

It seems that now nobody is going to make a plugin for export-import .nif file for any current version of any 3D graphics program. Is Morrowind and TES CS considered too old to keep it going?

I know, that I could do somethig nice (I get ideas and I played with free program Gmax (wich is Ok for training, but useless othewise, Gmax files can't be exported even into 3dsmax), but there is no way to do anything.

Full stop, end of story :(

Edited by dendenych

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hey sorry for this if this is a real n00b question, I can be a slow learner at some times :( but Im trying to create a new race, I dont want to make any compleatly new meshes or anything becuase I want my race to look basically like the Bosmer (wood elves) but if I go to the "body part" tab and change the Bosmer body parts to my new race just empty void is there for the Bosmer race, is there any way to have both of the races with the correct body parts at the same time, couldnt find any "copy" or anything to make two of the same part, sorry again if this is an annoying n00b question

thanks a lot, that helped, I played morrowind plenty of times and have many plug-ins, just never found any plug-ins that suited me personally although many are great, going to try my hand at some of this as programming and game design have always been a real intrest of mine

There is a way to copy the body parts without using the CS CD. The same way to copy any object. Open the body part, rename the ID, and save. You get a window thats says something about object Id changed, Say YES and it makes an exact copy with the new name, leaving the original unaltered. say NO and it renames that object, deleting the original. I generally rename the body part, change the race it is selected as, then save, then yes. All in one easy step. and you don't have to change body part types. Of course you have to make the new race in the race menu first. Theres quite a few parts but if you just go down the list you shouldn't miss any.