Theives Guild and Dark Brotherhood

marharth

Heres what I think.

Without question I think that the thieves guild is the most morally acceptable faction. There are many reasons to this, they don't like people to commit murder or assault people. They don't help the poor and steal from the rich. They dislike corruption, they dislike betrayal.

The dark brotherhood seems to only accept contracts on people who have done bad. The first guy you kill has clearly done something bad if you listen to his dislodge. Every valid contract seems to be for moral reasons and not just for money.

Now the guards for example, will insult and kill anyone who dares oppose the law

The fighters guild is filled with assholes IMO, and only care about the money.

The mages guild is full of a ton of corrupt leaders and is way too political.

So who agrees with me and who doesn't?

I know there are a few other factions that I am missing but I am trying to make this topic quick. If there are some other factions you want to bring up go ahead.

I agree about the Thieves Guild. They are criminals yes, but they really remind me of Robin Hood's gang with their honorable principles. They protect the weak and poor and they do this without bloodshed. They also help out their own members (by paying off your bounty) and really seem like a reliable faction to me. They may be thieves but they have some true honour. The quest where they stole Arch Mage's staff BUT returned it as an act of good will, is one example.

The Dark Brotherhood however... I would have to disagree. You join them by committing a murder and it's only considered a murder when it's a nonhostile, in other words: most likely an innocent person. The DB doesn't care who you kill as long as it's a murder. Also, during the questline there's several quests where you kill seemingly innocent people. Draconis family, Summitmist Manor guests and Baenlin for example. Francois Motierre's case is one example too. DB accepted the contract but only after demanding a life. The unfortunate one happened to be Mortierre's mother who I'm sure was completely innocent. So I really don't think there's any moral involved. DB is happy as long as someone dies, whether that is a wanted criminal or a mother of 4.

Hmm.. I've never thought of it like that.. It is quite ironic that thieves are the most noble in the game although one of the least noble in the real world - next to murderers, arsonists, drug dealers, etc. :thumbsup: Edited by Daledge

Hmm.. I've never thought of it like that.. It is quite ironic that thieves are the most noble in the game although one of the least noble in the real world - next to murderers, arsonists, drug dealers, etc. :thumbsup:

Im sure that the thieves guild has it's fair share of those types as well. It would just seem that it's politics put it in a good light, and that is most likely because many of it's leaders are good people who actually are fighting against impirial corruption.

I sort of agree with Creeper 234 on this one. The Thieves Guild are a bit like Robin Hood in that they tend to look after the poor, and they ask that you only steal from the rich and no killing is allowed. At first I too thought the Dark Brotherhood only killed baddies, but eventually realized that a lot of innocents were getting knocked off too. And not only that, but their whole attitude about murder and death tended towards the evil side of things. I actually only joined the DB because of a mod. I wanted a certain suit of armor, and the mod placed it inside the DB stronghold. So I had to join in order to get inside. I love the armor because it is pitch black but very tight fitting and stealth looking. I play a stealth character and don't like metallic armor, and I wanted it black. Anyway, I digress. So TG good, DB not so good. I agree that all of the other have their own agendae, quite like real life, unfortunately. Good thread Marharth...