Why is this game so glitchy?

animecollectorx

I remember when I used to play FO3 ,was somewhat glitchy but at the end played it with no very big annoyances.But I feel this game even glitchier than FO3.My computer is better with a new gpu than when I played FO3 and still FONV is GLITCHIER!

Darn that's no sense!Trying to find some modes to slightly improve whatever happens,and downloading official and unofficial patches,to improve slightly performance and fix glitches is turning to be like What am I doing? Its all that worthy for a game that's not even entertaining as the previous? I ask myself :confused:

What's your thoughts guys?I think that most people should agree with me. :blink:

I remember when I used to play FO3 ,was somewhat glitchy but at the end played it with no very big annoyances.But I feel this game even glitchier than FO3.My computer is better with a new gpu than when I played FO3 and still FONV is GLITCHIER!

Darn that's no sense!Trying to find some modes to slightly improve whatever happens,and downloading official and unofficial patches,to improve slightly performance and fix glitches is turning to be like What am I doing? Its all that worthy for a game that's not even entertaining as the previous? I ask myself :confused:

What's your thoughts guys?I think that most people should agree with me. :blink:

New Vegas is the first time I've played any Bethesda related game since Morrowind, and though I have Oblivion now I haven't even opened it yet until I get tired of NV. But, from what I have gathered reading reviews and a lot of rants, posts, etc... about New Vegas and games that use this game engine, there are I believe two main reason the game is so glitchy:

#1 ENGINE: From what I understand, NV is based on the Oblivion engine so many of the issues are inherited. They are in a sense genetically imprinted on the engine and no matter how many fixes the devs release its still going to be what it is, glitchy. It is particularly interesting that if you start looking at questlines and walkthroughs on Wikia it seems like nearly every quest is affected by some bug or other. But its not the individual quests, its the whole underlying engine.

#2 BUSINESS REALITY: If you look at the timing of the release it had to be done to get the Thanksgiving and Christmas sales. This was purely a business decision IMO and had to be done. Companies do this all the time out of pure necessity to earn enough revenue to stay in business. You could argue that yes, it was released prematurely, but you could also say that no matter how much fixing they do its still going to be inherently troublesome because of the engine. And the devs have done a lot of follow up on this game release patches and providing information on workarounds. But the bottom line is companies have to meet their payroll or else their employees start walking, its that simple.

So ... the game is what it is, and with this engine I don't honestly think fundamental problems with it will ever stop.

On the upside it does work a lot better now than when it did at first release, and I have found using that by Wikia (primarily) and Internet searching in general that I have been able to overcome a lot of the glitches and bugs that would otherwise have prevented me from finishing quests etc...

I've been playing this game since December and now I'm playing with modding on it 4 months later. I find the game and the modding fun so I definitely got my money's worth.

Edited by drakeelvin

I just started playing this game. Because my husband wanted a playtester for his mod. I actually found it somewhat fun to hang out with cass, and like the new dresses people have put out for women. I havent had any real problems though. I have a descent puter though. I'm not sure what people talk about problems though. I mean I'm new to the game, and usually play solitaire, so I don' t know whats a bug and what isnt. If I have any questions, I call my husband over and he just types something in, and it works.

I just did the PC gamer equivalent of throwing the controller in disgust myself. I don't know why, but I can't seem to get 30 solid minutes out of the damn thing without a lockup or a CTD. The odd quest bug doesn't bother me, or at least not as much as they get under my skin in Dragon Age 2, which is more character driven, but the fact that I can't play more than 30 minutes to an hour without randomly crashing for no apparent reason and losing 5-10 minutes worth of progress if the autosave hadn't run in a while.

And each crash happens somewhat differently. So I'm to the point where, after 6 years of bugs with Gamebryo, I don't think Bethesda is ready to even -try- making a new engine. I can't wait to see how buggy TES5 is. /fume

Well if a few people are having terrible, game-ruining bugs, and the majority of the people are saying it works great (like me). Then I really doubt it has to do with the game.. Sure the odd bug happens but that's inevitable with any game.

If you have a bunch of mods, and you're experiencing glitchs and CTDs, then fix your mod order! Or delete the mod that's causing it. Don't blame everything else.

If you don't have any mods, maybe your computer can't run the settings you have. If you have a medium-end PC then don't try to run the game at 100% quality. Every computer is different, made up of different parts, so expecting that a game works on every computer is absurd. Your best bet is to use the search to find similar problems.

Check out some performance mods. , ie D3D9.dll works for some people, stutter remover, etc.

its mostly because it was built with REALLY old engine and technology by a company that hasnt done a decent game since Kotor 2 and even kotor 2 wasnt even half as awesome as kotor was.

bethesda = always a fun game

obsidian = some decent sequal games but never a great game at all

Im playing with oboard video, and it seems to work fine for me. I have a robust system and an i7 Processor, with an onboard video card. I have a stutter near camp mcaren but thats it. Sometimes If theres a lot of creatures near me, its gets slow on VAPS though. I would hit the hotkey on my and it wouldn't work.