Keeping Veronica?

Alixen

Hai guyz.

I'm making a character based around the idea of meeting Veronica and becoming fast friends (if not more) and then travelling the wasteland together pretty much indefinatly.

However, i've known for a while its possible to utterly mess up the lives of your companions, and even lose them entirely, if you make bad decisions in the quests they give. If I end up ruining Veronica's life or losing her companionship would pretty much ruin the journey I have planned.

Please can someone give me tips, if not outright tell me, how to get the best results in her quest?

Also, which quest leads me to her earliest in the game? This will be my first proper playthrough. Until now i've just messed around and had problems, but recently reformatted my PC. I have only ever found Veronica once when I was idly running around the map. I seem to remember her being far enough out that you could accomplish a serious ammount in the game before even meeting her. It'd be nice if there was a quest shortly after goodsprings that could lead me straight to her location.

Veronica's an awesome companion. She hangs out at the 188 trading post. As far as I know, the only way you can lose her as a companion is by destroying the BOS bunker when following the Mr. House ending (tho I think there's a mod here that allows a peaceful resolution) or the NCR ending (tho that route does have a peaceful option built-in). I don't think there's a quest that leads you to her, although once you've triggered her quest (can't remember what it's called atm) it overlaps with the ones that take you to vaults 22 and 34. I like to have her with me when I first visit the BOS bunker, 'cuz otherwise the BOS rig you up with an explosive collar which I had quite enough of in Dead Money :tongue:

Kevkiev is totally right on that. If you play NCR or Yes Man ending you won't have to destroy the BoS.

One more thing that is pretty obvious, when you first meet Veronica if you say something really bad about BoS you won't have an option to recruit her. IIRC if you say, "Yeah I know to shoot them on sight," she says have a nice day and won't offer to join you.

And a tip because I missed this my very first time: after Veronica first talks to the Elder and gets done and says, "lets go," you can also talk to him first before heading out with Veronica because he did request to see both of you and he will offer you the BoS quest.

Veronica's quest and the BoS quest are not the same.

Veronica's and the BoS quests were the most fun of any I did in the whole game, they were so long and involved compared to many others and the rewards were pretty good at the end.

The NCR quests were comparable because you have a lot of stuff you can do around Freeside with the Kings, at Red Rock with the Khans, plus NCR meshes well with all the stuff at Camp McCarran (even though CM stuff is mostly optional).

If you do Yes Man though, you could still do all that optional stuff too, so he's pretty darn fun as well.

Edited by drakeelvin

For a peaceful resolution with NCR, DO NOT MAKE HARDIN ELDER! Only Nolan has the peaceful option.

In my experience, you can blow up the Brotherhood and still keep Veronica if your Brotherhood reputation was Idolized. Of course, blowing them up will make it tank and Veronica will warn you that she'll leave if you continue to fight them, but that won't be a problem.

If you want to know her endings and make a decision that way, check out: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Veronica_Santangelo

There's no perfectly happy ending, but seems like the most positive one is by negotiating an NCR peace treaty and convincing her to leave.

For a peaceful resolution with NCR, DO NOT MAKE HARDIN ELDER! Only Nolan has the peaceful option.

True, very important if you are doing the NCR path and want a peace with BoS, keep Nolin McNamara in charge of BoS and don't let Edgar Hardin take over.

In my experience, you can blow up the Brotherhood and still keep Veronica if your Brotherhood reputation was Idolized. Of course, blowing them up will make it tank and Veronica will warn you that she'll leave if you continue to fight them, but that won't be a problem.

You don't have to worry about Veronica leaving if you send her back to the Lucky 38/188 before massacring the BoS.

Edited by ophiuchus85