Danganronpa in the Capital Wasteland

strikekira105

A long time ago, I made a request for a Danganronpa-based mod in the New Vegas section of this forum, but nothing ever came of it. Fast forward a year later, and there's now an action-themed spinoff, Ultra Despair Girls. Playing through that game, there's a lot that reminds me of Fallout 3. Towa City is eerily reminiscent of Washington DC (in particular, the hospital and hotel in Chapter 1 reminded me of Our Lady of Hope [heh heh, "hope"] Hospital and the Statesman Hotel), and the Monokuma Kids and the Warriors of Hope would not look too out of place in the Capital Wasteland, given the existence of Little Lamplight.

As ridiculous as it would seem on the surface, I feel that a quest line based on Ultra Despair Girls could be a interesting addition to the Capital Wasteland. The initial premise, tweaked to fit Fallout 3: A splinter faction from Little Lamplight (their true master is something you'll have to find out on your own as you progress through the quest line) starts enslaving Super Mutants in an effort to purge the Capital Wasteland of adults in order to form a children's paradise. Why Super Mutants? Because this is an actual thing from Danganronpa 2:

http://i.imgur.com/FPodDIf.png

Some of you may be familiar with that Super Mutant Kyubey mod. A Super Mutant Monokuma would be an equally hilarious and terrifying opponent. Give one some grenades and a suit of armor, and you get a Bomber Monokuma. Of course, you have way more than just a piddly little Hacking Gun to deal with them. If you have that mod that allows you to kill children, you can take out some of the Monokuma Kids as well (even though they're completely passive in Ultra Despair Girls and actually do help you on occasion as part of the twisted game they're playing). Speaking of which, the Monokuma Kid uniform could also look nice on an adult:

http://i.imgur.com/SlkVMcy.png

Of course, the "traditional" Danganronpa premise (trapped in a location with several others and forced to kill each other to escape) could also be accomodated in the Capital Wasteland. It'd be a bit like having Dead Money in Fallout 3.