First person view is distorted ! help !

Xer089

i recently installed deadly reflex 6 but didn't like it, so i thought i'd check out unecessary violence instead. after many failed attempts to get it to work i decided to give up and return to what i know best, DR5. i've deleted both other mods and re-installed DR5. its starts the same and i can dodge and bash ETC. but everytime i go to fight in first person the camera f*#@s up!

its as if the camera is two steps to the left of my character and i can see nothing but a pair of arms in mid air fighting. i can try and run through a door only to switch to 3rd person and find myself running into the doorframe instead, thats how far out the camera is, its really annoying me and i can't figure out what it is. plus, the animations for DR5 don't work. my character doesn't do a sideways power attack like she should, or lunge forward in a stabbing motion as she either.

anyone experienced this before? its really pissing me off !

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/M4TTD0GG/ScreenShot7.jpg

Edited by Xer089

Also, make sure you removed all the animation files added by Deadly Reflex, located at "Oblivion\Data\meshes\Characters\_Male" and "Oblivion\Data\meshes\Characters\_1stperson" and any other files you can find, but make sure they're from DR6 only.

Are you sure you completely uninstalled Unnecessary Violence? It uses a fake first person view and could be causing the problem.

im not sure, i created an omod, so didn't actually place any files manually into the data folder. ive deactivated the omod and even deleted it but it must be still there somewhere and i don't know where to find it if it is.

Are you sure you completely uninstalled Unnecessary Violence? It uses a fake first person view and could be causing the problem.

ive been through and made sure everything is back to DR5. and i still have the problem. here's a pic of it.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/M4TTD0GG/ScreenShot7.jpg

With an OMOD this won't work. Deactivating an OMOD will not 100% remove its files. When there's another OMOD in your list containing a PC/NPC skeleton like the mods with the fake first person, OBMM will "not" remove the skeleton or replace it with the previous one or anything.

You using one of those special 1st person skeletons with any regular Vanilla 1st person animation not done for such a special skeleton will cause exactly this camera dislocation. Make sure the special 1st person skeleton is really gone when you're no longer using mods with this fake first person view.

With an OMOD this won't work. Deactivating an OMOD will not 100% remove its files. When there's another OMOD in your list containing a PC/NPC skeleton like the mods with the fake first person, OBMM will "not" remove the skeleton or replace it with the previous one or anything.

You using one of those special 1st person skeletons with any regular Vanilla 1st person animation not done for such a special skeleton will cause exactly this camera dislocation. Make sure the special 1st person skeleton is really gone when you're no longer using mods with this fake first person view.

i think what i'm going to do is download uncessary violence again and go through my data folder removing anything that looks like it belongs to UV. maybe that'll sort it.

EDIT: nope, been through looking for UV files and haven't found a thing, its completley gone as far as i know. i might just have to reinstall Oblivion entirely into a new folder. :(

Edited by Xer089

i think what i'm going to do is download uncessary violence again and go through my data folder removing anything that looks like it belongs to UV. maybe that'll sort it.

Just make sure you don't miss this 1st person skeleton for 3rd person animations, "meshes/characters/_1stperson/skeleton.nif", if I'm not mistaken. Any "real" 1st person animation playing on this one is what's causing this dislocation.

edit: Getting rid of any 3rd person animations in the 1st person folder (or also "special anims" for this matter) will also be advisable. Though they're not known to cause this issue. They just won't work/look right on a proper 1st person skeleton anymore.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

Just make sure you don't miss this 1st person skeleton for 3rd person animations, "meshes/characters/_1stperson/skeleton.nif", if I'm not mistaken. Any "real" 1st person animation playing on this one is what's causing this dislocation.

edit: Getting rid of any 3rd person animations in the 1st person folder (or also "special anims" for this matter) will also be advisable. Though they're not known to cause this issue. They just won't work/look right on a proper 1st person skeleton anymore.

GENIUS !

i re-downloaded Coroneras Maximum Compatibility Skeleton and swapped it over with the one that was there. Just tested it and all seems fine! no stupid camera angle and my DR5 anims action anims are working again as well!

thanks for that ! :D kudos to you.

A tip when you're troubleshooting commonly overwritten files like skeleton.nif is to carefully compare the file Size and Date Modified fields using Windows Explorer. You'll need to switch the View menu option in Windows Explorer to Details. I have all my installed mods extracted into their own folder, in part as backup and also as a troubleshooting resource. Hard drive space is cheap. Edited by Striker879