Lunch Recipes

LHammonds

Just thought I'd share a chili recipe I use for lunch once or twice a week. Feel free to share any lunch recipes that you have which are tasty!

LHammonds' Spicy Chili

Ingredients

• 1 can of Wolf Brand Chili - Mild, no beans
  • 1 jar of H.E.B. generic sliced jalapenos (this brand just tastes better to me).
  • 2 slices of cheese (your pick of brand but it needs to melt easy...don't want hard cheese or a stringy mess when eating)
  • 1 bag of Fritos - The original corn chips (going generic here would be a mistake but you can use whatever chips you like or none)

Required hardware

• Can opener
  • Empty bowl - must be suitable for microwaving
  • Spoon
  • Appetite

Cooking Instructions

1. Open can of chili and dump into a bowl
  2. Dice up an appropriate amount of jalapenos into small chunks (I use about 8 to 12 pieces)
  3. Add jalapeno bits to chili and mix
  4. Tear cheese slices in half a couple of times so they fit nicely in the bowl on top of the chili
  5. Place bowl in microwave oven and nuke it until cheese starts to melt or chili starts to bubble
  6. Remove bowl and stir cheese into the chili
  7. Repeat these last 2 steps until the cheese is completely melted and mixed with the chili. The color of the chili should lighten up a bit because of the cheese (also depends on what color the cheese is)
  8. At this point, you can treat it like a dip and use your chips to scoop it up or throw some Fritos and mix it up to make a Frito pie

Might be not a lunch recipe but you might want it any way

:thumbsup:

Here is a recipe I gave to netwit and some other's from my friend list.

Cinnamon Snowflakes cookies AKA Cinnamon Clouds Cookies

Sorry have it only in metric but everyone can convert it to imperial system I think

Ingredients:

125 Grams soft butter or margarine

50 Grams icing sugar

1 packet vanilla sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

75 Grams flour

125 Grams cornflour

For the plate:

Grease or wax paper

For dusting:

50 Grams icing sugar

optional ->1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preparation:

Butter or margarine with the whisk of the hand mixer or food processor until fluffy. The icing sugar with the vanilla sugar, the cinnamon, flour and cornstarch and stir into the butter until it is creamy. Preheat the oven to 175 ° Celsius. Grease a baking sheet and cover with baking paper. Shape the dough on a lightly floured surface to roll with about 2-3 cm in diameter. Good finger thick slices cut from the rolls. (Ms. fingers are meant here gentlemen. In no case is to cut off the fingers of the woman you (used).) Roll between your palms into balls and place on a baking sheet. In the oven (middle) in 13-15 minutes. (If they are to be brought out early, they quickly crumble when they get down from the sheet, or later take in his hand. When they are pulled out too late, they could lead to the husband / wife or children, cost a teeth them from biting, or they are abused by people selfsame as deadly litter material, or both.) The cookies cool on a kitchen setting lattice and leave. The rest of the icing sugar with the remaining cinnamon. Pour into a colander and sprinkle Cinnamon Snowflakes.

Edited by SilverDNA

oky, bben46 you might try this out tomorrow then...

Kay this is another that some of my friends have already (now this is a lunch recipe )

SilverDNA's Lasagna!

Classic version.

Shopping list:

500 gram minced Meat

Lasagna noodles (how many you need depends on the casserole form you are using. (I need for mine 6 plates)

A package Crème fraiche

A Tube/Package Tomato paste or much better Strained tomato

1 to 2 carrots

An onion

1 to 3 garlic toes (depends if you like them or not, If you don't like them replace them with half a bunch of chives)

250 gram slices of Edam cheese.

(I've never tried it with Mozzarella, but I soon will find out, but I think I'll need 300 to 350 gram of that, because I have to make the slices then bigger. so consider that a option worth of experimenting with.)

Some oil (Olives would be best, but other oil works as well)

5 to 20 gram (depends on how much you like to spice this up) Oregano and Basil (fresh but it works with dried as well as I found out not long ago)

and Pepper would be normal to spice this, but I use a knife tip of curry, paprika and a little bit cumin traditionally. (If someone doesn't like cumin leave it away)

Kitchen ware "minimal" to use in work process:

an Oven

a casserole form

a baking tray

a pan

a cutting board and sharp knife

a butter knife

preparation:

-washing the carrots with water and then peel the outer skin of either with a knife or with a peeler. Now cut the carrots in smaller pieces as you like. (I prefer to have them crispy so I try to make the pieces a little bit more bigger by cutting them to about half a centimeter dice.)

- heat up the oven to about 175° to 180° Celsius. (I use a rather old electrical oven (10 years), so this recipe would work on a electrical oven, please keep this in mind, when using a ventilated oven.)

-peel the onion and cut them in very small pieces. (As small as you like)

-do the same with the garlic toes or the chives (The garlic toes are better to peel by flatten them using the flat side of the knife 1st.) if you

I have found a workaround for the watering of noodles which is in this recipe. So you can chose to water them or don't, It makes no difference for me if else send me a note.

-Use a butter knife to spread the Crème fraiche on the noodles and put a slice of Edamer cheese above the Crème fraiche of each noodle plate. (that is the way around the watering of the noodles.)

The Frying:

(Oh yhear! I like this most. When the aromas start to fill the kitchen.)

Get a little oil in the pan and start to fry the onions and the garlic until the onions become a glassy look (sorry I don't know how to translate this) (if you don't use garlic, but chives you can add the chives with the oregano and basil)

then Add the minced Meat and fry it until there are no red spots on it and then add the carrots and the Tomato paste/Strained tomato then stir this slowly for about 1 to 4 minutes. (depends on the stove you use)

Add then (chives pieces) the oregano and basil(cut this very shortly before adding) and the rest of the spices. Stir this up good and take it from the stove.

Now we layer it all in the casserole form. I start always with the "cheesed creamed noodles" as the first layer then a layer of the pan and again a layer of the "cheesed creamed noodles" until I finish this with with the last layer of "cheesed creamed noodles" (In my casserole form I have at the end 3 layers of noodles separated by the meat.)

(noodles side down always please.)

Now put the full casserole form on a baking tray and put it in the middle of the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes (remember please that I'm using a non ventilated electric oven and that a ventilated would need a shorter time and temperature.)

After you take it out of the oven let it rest for about 5 minutes to cool down (a good time to preprepared the table)

Enjoy your meal

I hope my translation is ok and you can understand what I'm doing.

Edited by SilverDNA