Paranormal activity

wilne96

Hi! this topic is about your strange encounters with ghosts (if you believe in ghosts)

Well mine was pretty wierd probably it was my eyes playing some pranks on me or something,

it started with that i was sitting in my livingroom with a coca-cola can infront of me i was like starring at it but when i stared at it for about 4-7 secs

it suddenly moved by itself like 3 centimetres and when i sawed that i was like: whooah! then i told my mom that the can moved by itself she was like: oh rubbish

wierd... :S

Me and my brother and our uncle were checking out an old plantation our family used to own in out Tunica Hills, LA. We were just exploring, taking in the sights, finding cool stuff to bring home. Creepy place though, their were still nooses hanging from the trees, and a really eerie atmosphere, despite the three of us having fun and cracking jokes.

Towards the end of the trip, the sun was on it's way down, but we found an old ladder leading up to the second floor of an old building, and we had to check it out. It was crazy how cold it was up there, so I decided it was time to roll the hell out. I got back down, and my brother almost went tumbling from the second floor right after, from the top of the ladder. He claims something pushed him, and he was pretty shaken up.

That's the most interesting I ever encountered, personally. My grandfather and grandmother have some pretty creepy stories from when they were living in the Philippines. These demons Filipino's know as "wok woks" that feed off sickness, to lights and loud noises and the children's laughter coming from a nearby cemetery every night.

Creepy man! i dont really believe what my friend says but he claims that at a daycare which is pretty close to my other friends house he claims that he saw some i think it was like 6 yrs old girl lying on the center of the playground in the daycare center and then my friend yelled to her why she was laying there and then she suddenly got back on her feet then started to walking around in circles and i think he was pretty freakout so he ran away from there and it was around 00:00 AM but i said to him that i didnt belive him until i see it

• 1 month later...
I was on leave and went home with a friend, after a night of partying with friends we decide go find a burger joint, it was very dark we were headed down a two lane country road. Ahead of us we spotted this dude hitching, he looked extremely pissed and out of sorts. We had a car load so we couldn't pick him up. As we approached him doing well over 50 this lunatic jumped into our windshield and screamed. He should have been killed, we pulled to a sudden stop, this guy wasn't anywhere and left no sign behind. He had planted his face directly in front of the windshield and disappeared.

My parents encountered some really strange stuff when they were barely married. Most people don't believe their story, but I believe it because they're very religious and generally don't believe in hauntings, etc, so they would have to have been really sure somethig's up before they believed it. And I know the majority of people would say the same of their parents, but my parents aren't the type of people who would make something like this up for the fun/sensationalism of it. I was 3 at the time, so I can't really remember much of anything back then, except for a single memory which I'll explain later.

Ok, well, see, my now deceased grandpa lived with them for a while a few years after their marriage and he was always very interested in the paranormal and the occult. Was always digging into books on it and trying to broaden his knowledge of the subject. So strange stuff started happening around the house. Doors would randomly close during the night, when my parents knew they'd left them open. So at first it was just little phenomena that could easily be explained away. My grandpa claimed to be seeing moving shadows at all hours of the day, however we couldn't know whether he was imagening more than what was really happening, as the mind often lets you see whatever you wish to see and all that jazz. Seeing as both my parents worked during the day, they couldn't establish anything. But either way, I digress.

As time went on, the strange things kept happening, and my grandpa kept claiming there was something in the house. But the stuff that happened started off very slowly, so they could always explain it away. Soft noises at night would be rats running in the roof, taps started to run would be somebody who forgot to turn them off, things not being where you remember putting them would just be misremembering, little tiny stuff like that. But obviously this can only go on for so long before the thought of it being a mere coincidence starts to falter. My mom spoke about it at her workplace, and one of the older ladies who always claimed to be a medium said she'd come check the house out. From there on things got much worse, much faster. The lady claimed a girl had died in the house, and that the linen cupboard in the hallway was obstructing the ghost's way in some manner, so she was haunting the house. This scared my parents, so they took it out. It didn't change anything except to make whatever was happening become worse. They'd walk into certain rooms and they'd get goosebumps which would stay until they left the room. My dad claims he heard 'snakelike' whispering almost inaudibly, which would go away when he came closer. Noises at night became more frequent. I apparently became obsessed with talking animals and constantly drew animals walking on two legs and would at times start talking randomly when I was alone in a room, then when somebody came to check up on me there would be nobody else. Only I was acting strange, however, my brother never did anything out of the ordinary, but then again, he was only 2.

As things started escalating, my parents didn't want us alone in the house with only my grandpa during the day when they were at work, so me and my 2 year old brother went to stay at my other grandparents on my mother's side during the days, and got picked up after my parents were finished working. My parents got a lot of outside help to apparently come deal with the problem, people claiming to be 'ghostbusters', advice from palm readers etc. They even took olive oil and smeared a cross with it above every doorway, but still nothing worked. The more they seemed to try to get rid of whatever was going on, the worse things got, until doors would slam shot in another part of the house, a mirror once just randomly fell off the wall, lights would get switched on by themselves etc. And still my parents kept trying to find advice from people who knew people and books and any other piece of information they could lay their hands on, but nothing helped.

Then one saturday night, (my parents always refer to that night as the turning point, my mom's sister and her husband came to eat at our house, and they brought a Ouija board that they'd got from a friend with them. My dad was apparently very keen on the idea to use it, but my mom not so much, even though they managed to convince her to try it. Unexpectedly, nothing came off the board. Later the night, my aunt went to the bathroom and came back claiming something had touched her leg when she was in the bathroom. Nothing else really happened until later when we were all asleep, and this is the only memory I have of that time. At about 2 am, my parents woke to me and my brother screaming at the tops of our lungs, as if somebody was attempting to murder us. They rushed over to find us apparently alone in the room, but we were still screaming our heads off and didn't stop screaming until we were out of the room. Now the only part of this entire thing I remember is me screaming my head off and being terrified and only wanting to get out of there. My parents made a snap decision to leave the house, as we couldn't stay there while things were going the way they were so they packed us a few necessities. Obviously, my dad's father decided to stay, as he wasn't in the least intimidated by anything going on in the house. My dad called ahead to let my grandparents know we were coming and while he was busy with that my mom got my brother's baby food from the kitchen. My mom apparently realised just exactly what the situation was and got so angry that she just stood there and blurted out 'julle sal my nie uit my eie v*kken huis verdryf nie', which loosely ttranslates to 'you won't drive me out of my own f*cking home'. and then suddenly all the pots and pans in the cupboard started clanking together. My mom got such a fright she just ran, picked me and my brother both up at once and ran out of the house to the car, while my dad followed with our stuff.

We stayed at my grandparents for two weeks, hearing the occassional strange story from my grandpa back home. My mom apparently decided to go speak to her pastor at church, and he claimed that all she needed to do was keep her faith strong in god. Now here's a part of the story I'm unsure about, as I'm not religious. My parents apparently decided to go home, and just trusted god to protect us. After that, the only person who claimed to still experience wierd phenomena was my grandpa and after a while he also stopped experiencing it. Now whether the last part is true, I don't know. I reckon whatever was happening might just have moved on to a new place or soemthing like that, but so far I trust my parents on the rest of the story. To this day, however, my mom doesn't like us reading about the occult or paranormal at all. A while back she caught me watching Paranormal Activity and almost messed her pants about it.

I was on leave and went home with a friend, after a night of partying with friends we decide go find a burger joint, it was very dark we were headed down a two lane country road. Ahead of us we spotted this dude hitching, he looked extremely pissed and out of sorts. We had a car load so we couldn't pick him up. As we approached him doing well over 50 this lunatic jumped into our windshield and screamed. He should have been killed, we pulled to a sudden stop, this guy wasn't anywhere and left no sign behind. He had planted his face directly in front of the windshield and disappeared.

This isn't unlike what happened to my grandad many years ago when he was a lorry driver. It was late and he was driving down a country road when a young girl stepped out from the bushes on the side of the road and straight in front of his lorry, he had no time to react before he heard the bang from hitting her. He stopped, got out and looked everywhere for her but found nothing, there were also no marks or damage to the front of the lorry. He got back in and drove until he found a phone box and called the police. When the police arrived they had a good look around and couldn't find anything, they took my grandads details and said they'd have another look when it became light. They also told him not to worry too much because his call was far from being the first they'd got from drivers hitting a young girl on that stretch of road at night, it happened quite often and no one had ever found anything.

The hitchhiker story is really creepy. For me I do not believe in ghosts, but I have a story also :mellow: . When I was younger I would go to my dads every other weekend, and I still try to, but with school and stuff it isn't always possible, but now I have a proper room (before, when I was much younger it was just a makeshift bed until everything was sorted out and I had my own room). Anyways, I can remember quite frequently when I would be trying to get to sleep (I would be facing the stove, about 10-15ft away) I would always see a shadowy figure standing by the stove. I was so frightened :( . I want to think it was just my eyes but it seemed so real, and since I always had problems sleeping as a kid (go to bed at like 10:30-11:00 on weekends, and sometimes wake up at 3:00-6:00 AM) I would lay there staring at this figure for like 10 min before bringing up the courage to get up and turn on the lights, and boy did it ever take a lot of courage. When I turned the lights on nothing would be there, but it didn't happen only once, which is why it freaked me out so much. I probably saw the figure a good 6-12 times during the time I had the makeshift bed, and each time I would turn the light on, or curl up super tight in the covers. The strangest part was that the figure was always relatively in the same place (always by the stove) and it looked like a displacement of the darkness. It was very dark, and I can't properly describe it, but it was like a shadow in the darkness of a full human figure. I could see the stove clock through it, I knew it was there. There sort of was like an outline of sorts. Anyways, it gives me the chills thinking about it. I do not believe in ghosts, but I cannot explain this at all. Very spooky, to me at least :ohmy:

Ghosts, haints, specters, apparitions, poltergeists, wraiths, and spooks do not exist.

Yep.

BOOYAH!

Oh yes I do....

Seriously, there is a stretch of road on Dartmoor that I am very familiar with - Dark0ne having connections with that part of the world may have heard this hairy tale of the Hairy Hands, which are said to haunt this road. Some motorists have had a large pair of hairy hands grab the steering wheel as they drive along and have lost control. Those rash enough to sleep in their cars up there have reported the hands clawing at the windows. My car once broke down on this stretch of road, luckily in broad daylight. I legged it at a speed that would not have disgraced an Olympic sprinter (this was in the days when I did not have a cellphone), all the way to the Two Bridges Hotel to summon the breakdown truck. By the time they arrived at the hotel I was in a rather happy state and could just about tell them where to find my car, but I did not actually see the Hairy Hands.