Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked like a charm for me. I admit I was a bit taken aback that I had to uninstall and reinstall all of my mods after the update. But the onus was on me to look at the release notes before continuing with the update, and I didn't do that so I have no right to complain. But NMM is so well designed that it really wasn't that hard anyway.

Seriously, death threats? Time to get out of the basement for a breather, folks. It's just a game.

ETA: maybe a little warning in the update dialogue telling people that this update isn't like the others would be prudent? I have no idea whether such a thing is possible or not. But if so, it might be a good idea so as to avoid the wrath of the nerds in the future.

Edited by ProgHead777

I was one of the ones that had a catastrophic failure, but I'm not mad. It would have been nice to get the warning that I would need to re-install the old version if it failed before the update actually replaced it, but again not something worth whining about. So what happened, is it uninstalled all of my mods but only re-installed some of them, about 25%, I also kept the new version of NMM and it's working better than ever.

What I did was decide that it was a good time for a clean wipe, deleted all of my game and mod files and started over with a fresh install of Skyrim, then spent the evening choosing and picking the mods that I wanted in a logical order. Getting my performance back and having the game the way I want to play it from the start was well worth the hassle.

If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't still be playing this game four years from launch, nor would I be nearly as excited as I am for the launch of Fallout 4. Mods make the game for me and your site and tools make it easy.

Awesome work folks. NMM is a great software and it's good to see it being continually upgraded and getting new features. I must say I got a little scared when I blindly upgraded and didn't want to reinstall any mods and couldn't find the previous version to download. The only suggestion I would have, is already addressed in the post, making it possible to see the new build's features before updating. That being said, thank you for the awesome work and the goodwill to make a post about it =)

I updated to 0.60.3 last night and it went pretty well. Everything that was loaded before re-installed ok with a couple exceptions.

A couple of the zipped mesh and texture additions that I did by taking the files I want and installing them from file didn't reload - probably because the zip file I loaded them with doesn't reside in the same spot as when I loaded it. Plus an skse scripts mod didn't re-load - most likely the same story.

It took a half hour of messing around to sort it all out - but, when your warning screen appeared I made sure all my files were backed up to the most recent version.

So I could have replaced them and been back in business - I lost a couple pieces of armor too - but this was from an early mod that I honestly lost track of anyway.

This update was no big problem, and pointed out to me a few places where I should have kept better notes about what I did, and when.

Sorry for the novel, just sharing the update experience.

Thanks!

Your program is really good and I do update my version every time a new version comes out, having said that I do have a question when I upgraded NMM over half of my mod came up with a red circle with a line through it, I ran my game and it worked fine, the mods show up in the plugins side. I tried to reactivate them but they still have the same symbol next to them. I'm confused what should I do?