Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

I just updated from 54.something to the new .60 with over 100 mods (some have installers). NMM uninstalled them in good time. I reinstall all my mods, deleted some, installed some new mods, used LOOT, used the Perkus MAX patcher thing, started a new game and everything works fine. Edited by abc123guy

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not understanding the un-installation of a mod on a current profile. Above, you say that uninstalling a mod is to make it inactive in ALL profiles, but there is 2 options when right-clicking on a mod where its gives uninstall mod or uninstall from all profiles.

I don't want the mod gone from all profiles. So should I just leave it disabled in the current profile?

Edit: Nevermind

Edited by abc123guy

At first I thought that the update had bricked my game, and then I realized that I had installed a new mod just prior to the upgrade. Once that was deactivated, the game plays but all female Kajiit have blue faces and some men are surrounded by a red pyramid with a floating hexagon.

Despite these problems, I trust and appreciate the efforts of the Nexus staff in bringing the best content available to the community. Re-installing several mods is an inconvenience, but that is all that it is. Thank you for supporting the community and for all of your hard work.

-Vern

In response to post #28895009.

vwlouk wrote: At first I thought that the update had bricked my game, and then I realized that I had installed a new mod just prior to the upgrade. Once that was deactivated, the game plays but all female Kajiit have blue faces and some men are surrounded by a red pyramid with a floating hexagon.

Despite these problems, I trust and appreciate the efforts of the Nexus staff in bringing the best content available to the community. Re-installing several mods is an inconvenience, but that is all that it is. Thank you for supporting the community and for all of your hard work.

-Vern

Just a follow-up, everything seems to be working normally again. Uninstalling and reinstalling the mods was sufficient; I did not have to completely delete and re-download anything. I have 117 mods installed and reinstalling everything took maybe 45 - 60 minutes.
It would have taken less time if I cleaned the junk out of my mods folder; there were several incidences of mods conflicting, and I simply couldn't remember for certain what was enabled or disabled. If I have learned anything, it is to delete unused or conflicting mods completely rather than just inactivating them and make periodic back-ups of my data files.

No harm, no foul. Most of the problems were my own fault for sloppy housekeeping in the data files. Thanks again for your work and help.

In response to post #28860284. #28881684, #28883389, #28883474, #28891134, #28891709 are all replies on the same post.

Elianora wrote: What I don't get it that.. I started fresh. No mods installed. I deleted my InstallInfo before I updated. I made a clean Skyrim\Data folder. This left the mods I have into the NMM Mods tab but all inactivate. So I start activating mods. I have only vanilla game + all DLC addons, SkyUI and iHUD and our new quest mod, and I crash at main menu.

Do I really need to redownload all my mod files, some of which are custom made packages for my own backups?
geknight wrote: Hey there..... Many mods, virtually ALL scripted installs are barfing on the conversion. To make them work properly you must DELETE them and REACQUIRE them - either from a download or from a backup copy of your NMM mods folder that you should make BEFORE you start. (The delete will erase the 7zip from your computer). when you do this the scripted install will function and it will work properly.

Otherwise the "file links" that they are trying to implement will lead to nowhere. I was trying to add some custom body stuff to a couple of my favorite NPC mods and actually hung explorer.exe up because it couldn't find its targets. LOL I'm still seeing occasional purple textures and floating polygons 3 days later (176 mods installed) :D. Far as I can tell, the two mods of yours I'm using ported fine, but then you don't seem to script your installs....

Good luck wrestling the bear ;)
DrakeTheDragon wrote: Are you sure you had to "delete" them? I only "uninstalled" them, the right-click action that was documented to become necessary above and inside the NMM again. Then when I "activated" them again, they "reinstalled" and the scripted installers popped up just as they should have. At least I for one didn't have to re-"download" even 1 single archive so far, for what it's worth.

Only thing I could wish for now would be some way to "merge" or "anneal" personal changes of mine into the packages stored inside the mods folder. I think it did something along that line when it created the backup profile for quick restore after a failed conversion, but I'm not seeing any option to do that whenever I feel like it up to now.

I'm used to loosing personal changes whenever I, for one reason or another, need to reinstall a package sometimes. So a way to just "introduce" the changes done right into the archives at one point would sure be of massive help with this in future reinstalls.
Elianora wrote: I just cut and pasted the mods folder to "Skyrim - backup" within NMM folder and restarted NMM, dragged all the mods from the backup folder to the Mods tab in NMM, activated them. All work perfectly. In the process of making profiles :) Takes a bit of getting used to how it handles the actual Data files, but all is great so far :)
geknight wrote: Drake the FOMODs did not port right and to get them to execute I had to delete them and reacquire as described. there is a .6 out and I'm gonna load it now to see if this is fixed but the issue was still there as of .5 . So far I haven't encountered problems EXCEPT with FOMODS. Maybe it's fixed. The thread on this issue got cleaned and locked shortly after I reported the bug this AM. Seems the old hands like me (plays much, posts seldom :) ) are spending our time getting the game put back together than reporting bugs. But for me, the reacquire strategy is a usable workaround and fixes the problem when nothing else would work at all.
Crimsonhawk87 wrote: Good luck with getting different profiles to work....still having issues with that! If you do figure it out give us a quick shout on how you got it to work please!

I'm not gonna touch profiling till they get this FOMOD issue corralled. When I tried to go back to my backup after the initial conversion it left out so many files that it was worse than before.

NOTE: I installed .6 just a bit ago and using the button on the bar only disables the mod, and re-enabling won't trigger the script but when you right click it's name to uninstall then reinstalling the mod will get your script to run. This difference from the old was rather not obvious at first and might have been why myself and others were having trouble getting FOMODs to reinstall normally.