Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

Don't know where to make bug report regarding NMM unless this is the place. So, I'll start here. Ver 0.60.9 For some reason, when selecting add mod from file NMM start loading the file and then an error. Choose no to log file and continue with installing mod. Problem: There is no mod. Close NMM. Open and select file again, NMM says it's aleady installed. No mod has been installed. NO where. Once again, choose mod from file, starts to load, error, no to log, close NMM. You sure, installing mod. Yes, CLOSE. Open NMM. No mod, choose mod from file, It's already installed. (STILL no mod) Choose No, install normally, Now mod is installed. Here's the catch.

Ver0.60.8 I installed 9 mods and never had a hitch. Then an update, ver0.60.9. On the same 9 files ever other one is giving me NMM experienced an error. Evidently there is or was ( if not already fixed ) a serious problem with 0.60.9. That was today. Later I learned ver 060.10 was out. So I have updated and will see what happens. But, I am seriously thinking going back to ver before .0.60.

Anyway, thank for NMM no matter what ver I end up using. Mod Organizer is not an option for me. I'm almost 70 now and I do good to understand exactly how to use NMM. For me, It is a lot easier than MO. So again, Thank You.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i installed the update i could not get nexus to run at all, my solution to this was to completely uninstall nexus and remove all folders then do a fresh install, this worked fine (Allthough there is for me atleast; the odd glitch, but none worth complaining about.).

All in all a happy camper, thanks.

In response to post #28955749. #28957674, #28958254, #28958704, #28965294 are all replies on the same post.

brandiemay1234 wrote: i know NMM doesnt work for me because i have windows 10. i did some troubleshooting and it worked for, about a day. but yea. try and fix that if you already havent in this update.
Elgar82 wrote: I doubt it is related to Windows 10. I have Windows 10 and everything seems fine. Your issue is probably elsewhere.
solsikke737 wrote: I also doubt it's Win 10 related in itself. I run Win 10 and things seems just fine for me as well.
rimshot47 wrote: Have to disagree, at least in my case, I've only had minor problems having more to do with my mods then NMM. Currently using 60.8 beta.
Ivory_Soul wrote: It's not Windows 10, you probably have corrupted system files and your computer is a mess. Try reformatting your computer and do a fresh start or follow the mod instructions. the number one reason why people can't get NMM or mods running properly is because they don't read instructions. Not saying you don't, but it's extremely common.

maybe... but it did say that it was a compatibility problem

In response to post #29144289.

scorpious2012 wrote: Don't know where to make bug report regarding NMM unless this is the place. So, I'll start here. Ver 0.60.9 For some reason, when selecting add mod from file NMM start loading the file and then an error. Choose no to log file and continue with installing mod. Problem: There is no mod. Close NMM. Open and select file again, NMM says it's aleady installed. No mod has been installed. NO where. Once again, choose mod from file, starts to load, error, no to log, close NMM. You sure, installing mod. Yes, CLOSE. Open NMM. No mod, choose mod from file, It's already installed. (STILL no mod) Choose No, install normally, Now mod is installed. Here's the catch.

Ver0.60.8 I installed 9 mods and never had a hitch. Then an update, ver0.60.9. On the same 9 files ever other one is giving me NMM experienced an error. Evidently there is or was ( if not already fixed ) a serious problem with 0.60.9. That was today. Later I learned ver 060.10 was out. So I have updated and will see what happens. But, I am seriously thinking going back to ver before .0.60.

Anyway, thank for NMM no matter what ver I end up using. Mod Organizer is not an option for me. I'm almost 70 now and I do good to understand exactly how to use NMM. For me, It is a lot easier than MO. So again, Thank You.

It says where, and how, to report bugs in the last question in the news article above:

Q. Where do I report bugs?

If you think you've found a bug then please use our bug tracker. The bug tracker (and our forums) use the same login you use for the site, so simply login with your Nexus username and password to post.

There's also a link to it from within NMM, in the top right corner.

The devs may see it here as well, sooner or later, but if you want it to really get noticed, post it inside the tracker. Every bug report in here so far replied to by the developers was replied with "please post it in the tracker", so there you go.

In response to post #28955749. #28957674, #28958254, #28958704, #28965294, #29149864 are all replies on the same post.

brandiemay1234 wrote: i know NMM doesnt work for me because i have windows 10. i did some troubleshooting and it worked for, about a day. but yea. try and fix that if you already havent in this update.
Elgar82 wrote: I doubt it is related to Windows 10. I have Windows 10 and everything seems fine. Your issue is probably elsewhere.
solsikke737 wrote: I also doubt it's Win 10 related in itself. I run Win 10 and things seems just fine for me as well.
rimshot47 wrote: Have to disagree, at least in my case, I've only had minor problems having more to do with my mods then NMM. Currently using 60.8 beta.
Ivory_Soul wrote: It's not Windows 10, you probably have corrupted system files and your computer is a mess. Try reformatting your computer and do a fresh start or follow the mod instructions. the number one reason why people can't get NMM or mods running properly is because they don't read instructions. Not saying you don't, but it's extremely common.
brandiemay1234 wrote: maybe... but it did say that it was a compatibility problem

I'm also on Windows 10 and mine works fine

Absolutely no need for insulting or hostile message to the folks at NM's. Any community participants doing so should see a doctor and probably stop playing PC games. If some people can't enjoy gaming and modding as a hobby/interest without trashing others or making threats, maybe they need to find a different avocation.

Great service you guys provide, Nexus Mods. Keep it up! :)

Could you perhaps place a checkbox suggesting an option to never see the suggestion to upgrade to 6.xx? The reason for that is (if you care), that I'll never use 6.xx I don't use profiles and if I want to go to the trouble of reinstalling my 250+ mods, I'll switch to MO, which I already use for FONV. I'm quite happy with the old NMM for playing Skyrim.

In response to post #29155229.

janlevkoff wrote: Could you perhaps place a checkbox suggesting an option to never see the suggestion to upgrade to 6.xx? The reason for that is (if you care), that I'll never use 6.xx I don't use profiles and if I want to go to the trouble of reinstalling my 250+ mods, I'll switch to MO, which I already use for FONV. I'm quite happy with the old NMM for playing Skyrim.

I agree I just tried the new NMM on my Windows 8.1 partition. Now the problem is trying to find a pre-NMM 0.6 version, all the links keep sending me to the new NMM. I will keep my MO on my main game partition for both FNV and Skyrim.

Edit: Finally found where to get an older version, you have to click on the "hide" button at the bottom of the page the above link sends you too. Edited by jpitner