Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leningrado8, for the install options to reappear, you will need to uninstall the mod then reinstall it again. Right-click on the mod and choose "Uninstall Mod / Uninstall Mod for all Profiles" then install it again by either double-clicking on it or reactivating it.

Older versions of NMM used to uninstall the mod when you double-click on it when it is active but with the newer version double-clicking on it will only disable the mod.

In response to post #29275134.

Karna5 wrote: Hello. I had around 300 mods installed, and your new manager uninstalled them all and then crashed. How do I get all my mods re-installed in the correct order with the correct settings? Did it create a backup to which I can recover? I can't find how. Thanks.

same. no words can describe my saltiness atm I had 471 active mods

now the guessing game begins of how I got that many mods to all work -_- and how to right the problem...

I'm using version 6.11 and I simply cannot understand the reasoning behind changing everything to include a profiling feature that doesn't work.

1. What's the point of even having it if there aren't separate save game profiles/characters to go along with it?

and

2. I guess that can be excused by manually swapping save game files, but for whatever reason the profiling feature simply does not work...

There needs to be separate Data folders or something along those lines to ensure that different mods don't overlap across profiles, but unfortunately (for me at least) THEY DO and as such the profiling feature is completely useless and harmful.

I've been a great fan of the Nexus for a while now and of NMM, but now I guess I'll have to move on to using FOMM...

edit: i'm only using this with fallout 3 right now, for clarification. don't even want to try piecing my skyrim saves back together...

edit 2: I guess I meant MO, not FOMM...whichever one has actual *working* profiles...

Edited by WoodrowWaffles

So most of the mods that I reinstalled seem to work fine, only had a dozen or so using the NMM anyway, but the ones that I use from the Steam Workshop don't seem to work not that I have the current NMM, which is odd since before the upgrade they did. Again not much of a loss there, most of them are available over here anyway. The one I want to use most though is that Live Another Life, great mod, helps skip past all the boring starting game junk. Anyway it seems to be the one mod that just will not function with the current update. Which bothers me to no end because I wanted to start the game fresh again. But I guess I can always wait a few weeks and see what patches come out.

In response to post #29267754.

schnubbel76 wrote:

This is a catastrophe, a desaster. The NMM crashed while migrating the mods, i can reinstall some mods manually but not all of them. The game is totally broken, i can not even start a unmodded new game. Even if i delete everything leftovers from mods that could hide in my game install, every dll. every esp, every texture everything... i can not even start the bare default game. And even if i could - going back to the very beginning and reinstall every single mod with every subtle changes and tweaks i made? Taking weeks and months to regulate the load order, fixed CTD's for hours? My god.... the pain of it.

It took me half a year to make my game stable, not CTD'ing and not conflict with anything, running 252 active plugins and with textures and stuff using around 400 mods. It all worked totally fine. Now it is broken completely.

I see the intentions and features behind the new version and to be honest i like the option to have different mod setups. BUT i now do not believe it is possible to uninstall and reinstall mods "on the fly" and not break the game.

This new NMM may be good for players who never used mods until now (does someone like that even exist?) and starts from the very beginning.

I am very glad, that i make a total system backup every week so i can reset my computer including the entire skyrim game and mod setup and i can go on like nothing ever happened and stay FAR FAR away from future updates of NMM as long as possible.

Yes, there may be people who see this as a chance to make a new beginning, sorting out not relevant mods they had and do everything new. But i do not have the patience for this after the hell i went through since is started to play this awesome game.

For having that backup, you're like the smartest person on this comment thread, I've read on here so far! My hat is off to you friend. Good job, and very well put.

Since I just finished a playthrough, I gave the update a chance. NMM crashed during an attempt to reinstall the Alternate Lives mod (according to the tracelog). Restarted NMM and no mods were reinstalled but do seem to be present on my machine.

Although I get it's in beta, the developers also have to consider things might not work.

To me it was pretty arrogant to just have users forced to either update or uninstall mods with a beta version that possibly will malfunction and ruin games.

This updating should've at least been an option in my opinion.