Who remembers the "Golden age of gaming"?

AlenNez

The 'Golden Age' may well differ from person to person but for me it probably began with the screech of the tape player as it loaded the next few Gauntlet levels into the Sinclair Spectrum. Continued through the Amiga days with titles such a Civilization, Powermonger, Syndicate, Elite Frontier, and then on into the early Command and Conquer games on the PC.

The days when computer games came in large boxes, not for show, but because the printed manual really was that big!

^^ Yes! I still play C&C sometimes, and many Civilization titles hold a place on my gaming shelves. I don't even let people touch my Civ II copy. Just being honest O_o

Silent Service by MicroProse

Gunship by MicroProse

Red Storm Rising by....MicroProse

Autoduel by Origin Systems

Superstar Ice Hockey by Mindscape

....but even before that, Blue Max for the C64, on a casette tape drive. And even before that, ColecoVision, which was frankly some of the best fun I had before I was uninvited from a wedding due to extra-curricular activities with the bride. In case you're wondering: worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

The golden age of gaming for me takes me back to my childhood. I had a Commodore 64 and an Atari 2600, and remember playing games like....

Jungle Hunt

Dig-Dug

The Transformers

Bionic Commando

Altered Beast

Action Biker

Airwolf

Pitfall

Barbarian

Blade Runner

Bravestarr

Thundercats

Captain Power

.....and so many more!

Edited by Totally80s

• 2 months later...

I will not bother with a big sofware and hardware list because this could be quite unaccomplishable since I am a gamer since about 38 years.

For me it began with an Atari 2600 back in 1978 and well since then the "golden age of gaming" made no break so far :smile:

10 years later I got a Sega Mega Drive / Sega Genesis and quite close to this time I also got my first PC which was a 386SX25 (cpu frequency 25 is 25 MHz not GHZ) and I had so much fun with these MS DOS games.

After that I had a PC with an early Intel CPU named P54C with 100 MHz and Windows 95 which I still remember as the worst OS of all time but still a gem regarding classic games of this period of time.

From then onwards I bought me a new PC and/or upgrades about every 5-8 years and continue gaming and I still like it. I hope this "golden age" does not end for me until I die.

Edited by RodelB