Can I edit a save to work with an older patch?

VictorCreed2

Basically I want to remove the mods I'm currently using and load a modded save with the vanilla patch. Is there any way I can edit a save file and tell it to load with an older patch number? I know I can edit the patch and increase the version number, but I'd rather my save work with the vanilla patch.

No, there's no way to do that even with the save file editor. Bioware will be releasing another patch soon anyway to fix all the Trespasser bugs. That means the official version number will be 12 in the mft file very soon anyway. If you wait until then, all you'll have to is delete Patch_ModManagerMerge directory and your save game will load with the newly downloaded patch. Or, increase the official patch number to 12 now, delete the modded patch directory, then when the new patch comes out you can continue playing seamlessly and the patch number will just "catch up" with you. :tongue:

Is a forthcoming patch confirmed, or is that just speculation? I wasn't exactly counting on a new patch because it was the final DLC and they might be done with the whole thing. I also don't play a lot of current games so my only other experience is Skyrim, which never got any updates for its DLC.

Edited by VictorCreed2

Well, a Bioware employee has been actively collecting bug reports over on the Bioware forums which would be an odd use of his time if they weren't planning another patch. Besides, I expect they're getting tired of all the people who still can't get Trespasser to even start. But confirmed? No they never do that until they actually release it.

• 2 months later...

For those who don't ever want to get the error "save from newer version" All you need do is open the MFT file with notepad and change version # to any # above what is there now. Also can do this with MegedPatch MTF that mod manager creates. Do this BEFORE starting new game. This eliminates that error and gives you the ability to change or modify installed mods and still be able to load an existing save. I presently have MTF version set to 20. So shouldn't need to change for a while.