Skyrim CTD after ~20 minutes of playing with ENB

NBC011795

As the title says, whenever I try playing skyrim with an ENB installed, it crashes with no error after about 20 minutes ususally.

I have tried multiple ENB's, even tried just using the default ENB from enbdev, no luck, only mods installed are the ENB and SKSE.

Specs:

Windows 10

Intel Core i7-4790k

16gb RAM

Nvidia GTX 980

SSD.

Would really like to get this working as now that I have seen the game with an ENB I can't go back........

backup ALL your enb stuff (not only enbhost but d3d9.dll and everything else) and clean it completely from Skyrim's folder.

If you still crash after playing then this is not ENBs fault but most likely your mods.

While you're at it sort them, update them and find all the compatibility patches you need.

I have tried playing without the enb, no crashes when it isn't installed, and as I stated above, only other mod I have installed is SKSE (if you can call it a mod).

And I have tried the injector, had no luck there either.

Edited by NBC011795

May have found a fix, came across this post on reddit which seemed to have similar crash details. so I googled a fix and found this mod and the game has been going for over an hour now with the enb active.

Don't know why I would have optimus on my computer, never heard of it before today, and it seems mostly for laptops.

Anyways, I'll update the thread if the problem arises again.

Thanks for the help!

It's a laptop utility that allows both the intergrated graphics and an nvidia based card to seamlessly switch between each other. (intel for desktop, nvidia for video intensive activities)
This shouldn't be a factor in laptops with single graphics processing or desktops (some have both but they usually only use the GPU.) but as long as your game works I'm happy for you!!