For the second time - How does one change the height of water

GothicNicki

How does one change the height of water in specific cells, rather than in general?

I would like to be able to place lakes and rivers at different height than the base height without having to use the inbuilt water of CK, plus i know skyrim has various water heights in game; one is lake Lake Honrich and second is the river running through Riverwood.

Many Thanks Nicki

There can only be one water height per worldspace, as that also governs the height of generated LOD water. However, u can go into Activators > Water1024 and use those pieces to simulate water at different terrain heights for rivers/lakes. This is how Bethesda implemented them in theirs.

Open your worldspace in the Cell View window.

Right click on one of the cells (in the Cell View window) that you want to raise the water and select 'Edit'

The box that appears is where you set the water heights for the cells.

You'll have to edit every cell in this window that your lake covers.

Edited by Tamb0

Thank you Tamb0, you only forgot one thing and that was to load a seperate cell well away from the edited ones and then check the edited ones to see the height of the water.

Many thanks Nicki :):):):):):)

@Tascani

I done this a long time ago and I'm pretty sure Oscape generates the LOD for inland lakes that are higher than default sea level.

I it wasn't Oscape, then the CK LOD generator will do it. I've never tried DynDoLOD.

Edited by Tamb0

• 1 month later...