ULTRA IMMERSION

BigBizkit

I like the concept of immersion making the game more fun to play, rather than making it harder via constantly trying to survive. I like my immersion to soothe me rather than induce tension. No need for the concept of immersion being subsumed by more brutal game play. That is akin to making your life seem real by hitting yourself in the head with a wooden plank.

Honestly i like the idea of realism mods and needs mods and i do use INeed and frostfall.

BUT in all honesty it does get a little annoying and take away the fun sometimes. Constant notifications and having to eat and sleep just gets annoying after awhile.

The good thing about these mods is you can tune them back a little so they arent so extreme which is what i usually do.

making combat more challenging and realistic is a lot more fun. The vanilla game is ridiculously easy.

I love my Realism/Immersion in Game, though I tackle it a little differently in my Mod Line Up. It's a list built for a specific kind of Dovahkin in mind, a Light Armored agile stealthy Poison's Archer/Two Handed (light weight) Sword (also no use of any Magic of any kind, nor Healing or Buff Potions):

Advanced Skyrim Overhaul (parts of)

Alchemy Tree Reorganized (more realistic Poison values)

Balanced Quest Rewards

Bathing in Skyrim (a stealth Dovahkin's strength of odor always an issue)

Be a Milk Drinker (for drinkable water)

Better Bee Hives

Combat Evolved

Craftable and Placeable Bedrolls

D13 Faster Get Up and Stand Up

Deployable Traps

Duel Combat Realism

Dynamic Things

Fighting Styles of Tamriel (wield a light Two Handed Sword as it is, not like a Battle Axe O.o )

Harvest Overhaul

Harvesting Animation

Honey Heals

Hunterborn

Light Armor Tree Redone

Living off the Land

Longer Duration and Annoyances Fixes

One With Nature-Dynamic Animals and Creatures

Private Needs

Realistic Loot Lite (very configurable)

Skyrealism-Crafting Kits (RP what these Kits contain)

Skyrim Bandages

Sleep Tight

Sneak Tools

Stealth Skills Rebalanced

Traps Make Noise

Plus a couple of Adult Mods

I can name a number of Realism additions I would love to see in my Game, as I have a great deal of real life interest in Wilderness Survival and Indigenous methods, ie. Living off the land, the how to's and what can be utilized and how, etc...plus Animal Behavior, etc... But I haven't even been able to make simple alterations to Armors in the CK let alone even considering scripting a Survivalist, Needs or Animal Behavior/Hunting Mod :sad: ...am very Tech-No-Logic :sad:

As for what I have been able to add to my Game so far in what can be achieved in regards to Realism, I have been happy with the end result and it does add replay value and whole lot more enjoyment to the game for me...though my two primary bugs that still bother me is not being able to drink from natural Water sources, or being able to cook foods over Camp Fires just using what's around my Dovah, I have managed to adequately circumvent or RP most other wish list game additions...And other such small things, such as a self enforced 'no Fast Travel', eat regularly, drink more regularly, reasonable sleep hours, self imposed weight and what can be carried limit, RP with 'wait time' creating various equipment, then add via console the finished product, etc...

The Wet and Cold Mod I plan to try out...am not a fan of Frostfall or most of the Needs Mods, I haven't tried all the Needs Mods as yet, but would like to find one that gives me the ability to drink from and gather water from natural Water sources without all the extra additions, that would be most welcome :smile:

Edited by KanesGhost