I need someone's expert advice.

Chubrub

Hi all, I recently spent a few days modding FO3 for a new playthrough before FO4 is released. It was mostly successful and I am around 6 hours into the game, although I was getting the occasional crash. I tried to install the windowed borderless alt-tab fix as I heard this could make it more stable. But once installed I couldn't select 1080p, only 720p. So I followed another instruction to link the exe's. This is what I typed into the CMD prompt. Mklink "mysteamdirectory\fallout 3 goty\falloutlauncher.exe" "my steamdirectory\fallout 3 goty\fallout_fullscreen.exe" Anyway after this I have broken something and now when I try to start the game I get this message.. the program can't start because libvorbisfile.dll is missing. Yet after checking it is there in the FO directory.

Can anybody help and tell me how to reverse this? a complete new install will take another 3 or 4 days. I can live with occasional ctd.

Thanks in advance!

I'll add that FOSE is installed and I usually click the FOSE launcher to start. I tried running from FO3.exe, FO3 launcher.exe and the full-screen.exe and none work..Although FOSE is the one giving this error message. The others are now dead icons I.e. They do not do anything, nothing launches and no errors

• 3 weeks later...

why are you trying to link the exe's just run fose_loader. get rid of the fullscreen thing and grab game companion works for a bulk of Bethesda games and no need to link anything. You just need it running when you run the game.

Edited by shadowfx78