Fallout 4 System Requirements

jhelzei

I also have a GTX670. I'll probably end up playing on Medium when it comes out. I've been considering upgrade options, and there are two immediately available options. One, I could sell my 670 to finance a 970. The 670 was going for about $125 on eBay last time I checked.

Which brings me to option 2. I could buy a 2nd GTX 670 and go SLI. That would only leave me with 2gb of VRAM however. Most benchmarks I've seen put SLI'd 670's and solo 970's neck and neck. Since you have an AMD board, that may not be an option for you.

However, the most practical option might be to wait. NVidia is releasing a new GPU built with a 14nm fab process which promises to unlock new frontiers in performance. AMD is also releasing a new CPU next year called Zen that people are hoping makes them competitive with Intel.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose, for high quality settings will be need more than 2GB video. Likely 2500 - 2800 Mb considering GTA 5. So SLI is not an option, you just spend your money. Wise choice it's just wait until game was released and see some hardware tests on web to know exactly what you need.

My power supply doesn't leave me much options to just go throw in a power hog like a GTX 970. And I'm not about to go upgrading the power supply on a 6 year old machine with a first generation i7 and a motherboard that is already pushed to its upgrade limitations.

My PC is basically at the limits it was designed for 6 years ago, so my next step is to save up for a whole new rig and start fresh later this year or next year.

These Intel Skylake models look like a good starting point, 4 GHz from an i7 without having to overclock it and relatively low wattage and heat. I might just build a proper overclocking rig but wait to overclock the i7 for several years until I start to need the extra push. Maybe set my unit up for SLI but just get a single graphics card when they roll out the new GTX cards, but have the SLI there so a few years down the road I can add a second one for a lot cheaper than upgrading to the newest of the newest in 2019 or whatever.

I'll be watching trends in the next year to try to design the best future proofed rig I can. I am confident my current PC will make it 8 years and still be able to play any game a console can, so I am in no hurry.

Anyone else out there with a GTX 670? What do you think, are you looking to upgrade? I know the 970 is better, but... 300$ worth it better?

I have a ASUS GTX670, but the 4 GB version. I have also overclocked slightly through MSI Afterburner, and I hope to be able to play 1920x1200 on High with decent FPS (I may have to reduce AA, but that don't bother me). If this plan works I will wait for next generation GPU (either Nvidia og AMD).

I wanted to buy a new PC in summer but when Fallout 4 was announced I told myself to wait until the requirements are out. I wasn't expecting the recommend ones to be this "high". So I will wait until some feedback's from people playing this game are out and then I will see if If my new PC really needs all the recommended stuff.

I wanted to buy a new PC in summer but when Fallout 4 was announced I told myself to wait until the requirements are out. I wasn't expecting the recommend ones to be this "high". So I will wait until some feedback's from people playing this game are out and then I will see if If my new PC really needs all the recommended stuff.

If you are going to spend money on a new PC, you might want to take into account future proofing your stuff so that 4 years from now you still have a processor and motherboard that will handle top notch games.

GPU and RAM can be replaced without much forethought, but replacing a processor means rebuilding the whole thing basically.

Just something to keep in mind, rather than just looking at the specs for one game today, what about games next year?

• hi I'm a noob on specs, I'm considering buying the PC below from Amazon to play Fallout 4, will it run the game? and if so at what quality? Thanks

AMD Piledriver FX-6350 Six Core 3.90GHz Processor FD6350FRHKBOX Socket AM3+ - Turbo Frequency 4.20GHz

8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM, 1TB Hard Drive Storage, HDMI 1080p, USB 3.0, WiFi

NVIDIA GTX750 Ti 2GB HDMI Graphics Card

Pre-Installed with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Operating System

Edited by lovefool18