Fallout 4 System Requirements

jhelzei

Anybody a little worried that this game requires a i7-4790 as recommended? Are they threading for 8 cores or is this going to be Skyrim all over again? As someone who just bought a 4690k and a 980 Ti, I'm feeling a little irritated by the GPU/CPU disparity in the recommended system specs. I really wanted ultra + mod support down the road.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody a little worried that this game requires a i7-4790 as recommended? Are they threading for 8 cores or is this going to be Skyrim all over again? As someone who just bought a 4690k and a 980 Ti, I'm feeling a little irritated by the GPU/CPU disparity in the recommended system specs. I really wanted ultra + mod support down the road.

> Are they threading for 8 cores or is this going to be Skyrim all over again? <

I can't tell you anything about this, because it's again the forum rules. !!!

However i tell you, you will be suprised if you see the munu options from Fallout 4.

Fallout 4 will have a respectful amount of options. !!!

---------

You shouldn't worry about your bought processor, as the performance (as games concerns) of an i7-4790 vs i5-4690K is marginal. !!!

One thing to add, Fallout 4 uses a revamped Creation Engine, so i guess the higher the CPU the better the overall performance. (we talking about ultra settings here.)

If you wanna crank the resolution up and play at ultra, an i7 is very recommended on Fallout 4.

I don't say anymore, just be patient, and you will see it soon enough. :wink:

Edited by mark5916

The recommended specs are probably to max the game out completely. Anyone with an older model I5 (like a 2500k or 3570k) that's overclocked by 1ghz or higher will probably be fine. Pretty sure an I5 2500k @ 4.3-4.4ghz is as good or beats a 4690k @ stock.

I5 2500k @ 4.5ghz worked fine for Witcher 3 ultra settings. The bottleneck was still the GPU mostly. I might have lost 1-2 frames in the extremely infrequent times the CPU hit 100%. Overclock your CPUs if you're worried about FA4. Not recommended if you're using an OEM rig.

Edited by Beriallord