After a Steam Update, I'm missing textures

So today I downloaded the newest Steam update(s) and then started New Vegas. Upon entering the Crimson Caravan base a bunch of those red exclamation marks appeared over my companions (Cass, ED-E, and Russel is just half invisible), as well as over all the other NPCs in the area. So I verified the integrity of my game cache and downloaded missing files. I tried it again and nothing changed.

Upon opening FNVEdit, it tells me a fatal error occurred because it could not find the ini file. I looked for the ini files in both documents/steam/steamapps/common/FNVand couldn't find it. FalloutDefault.ini is in computer/ssdA/steam/steamapps/common/FNV though.

I noticed there are a few missing things that appear to have been plants and flora, but Cass' model, and those of other NPCs only go sour upon entering Crimson Caravan (the plants and flora may just be solved by uninstalling and reinstalling my flora overhaul mod and other graphical enhancers like poco bueno). The door too, from a certain distance and perspective, turns into two giant eyeballs staring at you.

Any genuine help is appreciated, I'd like to be able to continue this playthrough. I'll be damned if a stupid Steam update ruins it for me.

EDIT1: Tried verifying cache again, and everytime I do it now it says there's one thing missing, which has a download size of 432 bytes.

Edited by PcGamingWithMods

That one thing is a temp checklist, you will ALWAYS get it that 1 file missing

As for your INI's anytime you reinstall any steam game from Bethesda you have to run the vanilla launcher 1 time to reset / replace the INI's in your Documents

That one thing is a temp checklist, you will ALWAYS get it that 1 file missing

As for your INI's anytime you reinstall any steam game from Bethesda you have to run the vanilla launcher 1 time to reset / replace the INI's in your Documents

Awesome, it's a good start to say the least. Reset the INI and the aforementioned issues with the entrance. I'll be reinstalling Poco Bueno and NMC Texture pack shortly, though I'm not sure what the problem is with the flora, because it turns out my flora overhaul mod isn't installed to begin with. Many of the NPCs too still have red exclamation marks. I assume that means reinstalling Fallout Character Overhaul, so I'll do that too.

red exclamation marks means missing textures which means either NMM or MO did not install those textures. This is exactly why I tell everyone to manually install all of thier mods. What ever mod you're using that affects the NPC's armor or clothing you should manually reinstall.

red exclamation marks means missing textures which means either NMM or MO did not install those textures. This is exactly why I tell everyone to manually install all of thier mods. What ever mod you're using that affects the NPC's armor or clothing you should manually reinstall.

I've not had problems installing them through NMM before. Unless the steam update overwrote the mod textures for some reason there should be no missing textures to begin with, and they persist after installing through NMM, which, as I've said, has worked fabulously for me before. The only visual mods I have are NMC Large files, Fallout Character Overhaul, and Poco Bueno skeleton transparency fix, High Res GS watertank, and Poco Bueno v5 texture pack. Unless the "New Vegas Uncut" series changes textures for people in Crimson Caravan, there's nothing to worry about.

Perhaps I should reiterate that the problems only occur upon entrance of Crimson Caravan. I have some mod that continues to spawn fiends right at their gates, and upon entrance I notice their faces are purple. The road textures get all messed up, the gate's textures too. Cass goes invisible, covered by the missing texture exclamation mark, and so do many of the filler NPCs. Blake, the merchant, remains intact. These errors aren't occurring anywhere else, they're triggered by entering the Crimson Caravan area.

Interestingly enough, earlier I loaded a save that I suppose I made upon discovering these glitches, and when it loaded the issues were no longer present.

I just went back into that save, left Crimson Caravan and went back in. The issue seems to have resolved itself. I suppose that the save I was loading earlier was corrupt somehow.

Consider this issue solved.

EDIT: Or not. I step out by the Gun Runner shop, and there are black spots on the ground and a few red exclamation marks where I assume plants should be. I haven't any mods that should be affecting this, so I have no clue what's causing this.

Edited by PcGamingWithMods

ALL of these mods have texture files that are installed into the game

Fallout Character Overhaul

High Res GS watertank

Poco Bueno v5 texture pack

New Vegas Uncut

Now, as I said, reinstall the mods manually and that should fix your texture problems, although honestly you might be able to skip the watertank one lol :P

• 2 weeks later...

ALL of these mods have texture files that are installed into the game

Fallout Character Overhaul

High Res GS watertank

Poco Bueno v5 texture pack

New Vegas Uncut

Now, as I said, reinstall the mods manually and that should fix your texture problems, although honestly you might be able to skip the watertank one lol :tongue:

At first, I just manually installed NMC and Poco Buenno. Worked fine, but it seemed like the models were messed up. So I installed FCO using NMM. This messed things up, so I did the whole process over again, but instead used FOMM to install FCO because there aren't any instructions for manual install.

Now I am stuck in the ground. Type TCL into the console commands and I can only move up and down. Enable TCL and I fall back into the ground.

Started a new game to see what was going on, and when I go to make the character's face, everything from FCO is missing. So if I had to guess, I'd say that somehow reinstalling FCO has got me stuck in the ground.