NPC custom combat voice

axel1409

-Open the quest you're using to add the dialogue

-Find and open the "Combat" tab (It's in-between the "Scenes" and "Favors" tabs)

-Right-click(Alternate-click) in the Topics box and select "New Topic"

-Select the specific combat topic you're looking for for the list that comes up

-Once you selected the one you want, click OK and give it a unique name (I usually just add the topic at the end of the quest name, example: QuestNameTaunt)

-Add however many topic you want, then select the topic you want to add dialogue for and right-click(alternate-click) in the large box on the right and begin adding new dialogue lines

-The other tab you may want to look at is the "Detection" tab, this tab deals with the dialogue when combat starts or ends, when NPCs are searching for any enemy, couldn't find the enemy and have stop searching, & more

• 4 months later...

You don't get to name the files, they're generated by the Creation Kit. To my knowledge, the name of each file consists of the first several letters of the quest ID, and then the topic ID (If a topic ID is given), then followed by several letters/numbers.

Example of a file name from the game: bardsongs_bardsongsgeneral_000d77e6_1

But what if you are using files that already exist? Like if I have a voice recording I want to use that I didn't record with the CK, then how do I get a custom NPC to use that file? All the guides online talk about using the CK recorder to make the file.

I created a quest, I created a new Sound Descriptor, a new Voice Type, I set a condition in the quest for the npc in question to use the file, I converted the wav into xwm and put it in the right directory also renamed it to what the CK generated (data/sound/voice/modname/npcname) I made sure it was the right bitrate and mono etc.

Maybe it's noteworthy that this isn't specifically for a Quest but simply for combat dialogue like for Detection, Taunts etc.

However it still doesn't work, I don't know what's gone wrong. I did create the NPC from scratch, it's not a duplicate if that matters. I know I'm going wrong somewhere but I don't know where. Also this is the first quest I've ever made, so I may have done something wrong.

EDIT: I also used TES5Edit to add an SEQ file and it still didn't work lol.

Edited by ScarletPox