NPC custom combat voice

axel1409

Leave the audio file as a wav. You will want to generate a LIP file so whenever a NPC with that voice types uses the line, his/her mouth will move. Once you've done that, take the wav and LIP files and use the Unfuzer tool to re-fuz both files into a .fuz file.

Also, ensure that the dialogue line has the condition applied to so that only NPCs of a certain voice types can use it (Just placing this as a quest condition will not work). You can do this by using either the GetIsVoiceType condition and selecting the correct voice type, or the GetIsID condition and then specifying the NPC from the list. There are other ways but those two are the simplest.

Unless you just made a typo, the folder path should be (data\sound\voice\modname.esp\thevoicetype) instead of (...\npcname) as dialogue is only generated by voice type, not specific actors/NPCs.

Do make sure the topic you choose to add the dialogue under will allow it be used correctly. For "hello" lines, go under the Misc tab, and create a hello topic, then add the dialogue under that topic.

Ok so I just made the changes you suggested and guess what? It still doesn't work! :sad: Although I did notice that the game "stuttered" when I initiated combat with the NPC which is when he's supposed to say the line since it's Detection

Could it be something with the actual NPC that's causing the problem?

Here are screens of the quest:

http://imgur.com/a/Sj4fj

I'd recommend removing the quest condition as that's not needed here. As long as you specify the correct conditions for each dialogue line (which you have to do anyway), NPCs that do not match those conditions will not use the dialogue. You've also got the quest type as "Side Quest", which unless the quest will be one that the player can complete, you could simply change the type to NONE and it will still work fine (almost all my quests are of type NONE and they work).

For the dialogue line conditions:

If the voice type you created is unique and only used by the same actor/NPC you specified, then you can remove either the GetIsID or GetIsVoiceType condition as it would be redundant to check both of them.

The topic:

You've got it as a "Normal To Combat" detection line, which will only work when the speaker goes from a normal state to immediately in combat. Often times if you attack an NPC, they'll actually be in the "Normal To Alert" detection state instead of "Normal To Combat". Try spawning in a bandit several times (spawn one, wait for him to kill it, then spawn another) and see if he doesn't go from "Normal To Combat" at least once.

Response window:

Okay, so after all that typing, I may have noticed your problem. You have a "Sound File" selected. Remove it. Sound files are not used in situations like this as the game pulls the audio from the specific file it finds by following the folder path.

Other than that:

I'm not familiar with the "(L)" next the Y in both xwm and wav. I never see that when adding dialogue, so I'm not sure what that means.

Also, be sure you're constantly generating SEQ files in TES5Edit. Every time you add, remove, or alter dialogue in any way, generate a SEQ file.