ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

we still cant mod dai s face ?

maload

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think its the tool set. We didn't get one this time to allow fans and gamers to change stuff. Witcher 3 already has so much more mods than DA:3. Sad for this game community. Maybe next time for DA:4 they will support us.

I'd be surprised as long as this series continues to belong to EA. I've read in the past that they consider modding a form of "competition" for their own DLC. Plus, they are ultra paranoid about releasing a toolkit for Frostbite due to the increased risk of someone being able to reverse engineer it. A toolkit will be the only way EA/Bioware will get me to buy the next game within the first year of its release, however I won't be holding my breath.

I'd be surprised as long as this series continues to belong to EA. I've read in the past that they consider modding a form of "competition" for their own DLC. Plus, they are ultra paranoid about releasing a toolkit for Frostbite due to the increased risk of someone being able to reverse engineer it. A toolkit will be the only way EA/Bioware will get me to buy the next game within the first year of its release, however I won't be holding my breath.

Wish people would stop spreading this nonsense. BioWare have always be friendly toward modding, and EA haven't done anything to change that. There is a strong DAI modding community, and EA/BioWare have done nothing to discourage it.

What has happened though is the switch to the FrostBite3 engine, which results in a decidedly more difficult modding environment. When people asked about a Toolset before DAI's release, BioWare responded that they were "leaving that up to DICE" (the FB3 developer.) And when asked the same question (some years ago) DICE responded, "Maybe someday..."

So while EA aren't directly supporting/encouraging modding, à la the CK, they aren't actively opposing it either.

Wish people would stop spreading this nonsense. BioWare have always be friendly toward modding, and EA haven't done anything to change that. There is a strong DAI modding community, and EA/BioWare have done nothing to discourage it.

What has happened though is the switch to the FrostBite3 engine, which results in a decidedly more difficult modding environment. When people asked about a Toolset before DAI's release, BioWare responded that they were "leaving that up to DICE" (the FB3 developer.) And when asked the same question (some years ago) DICE responded, "Maybe someday..."

So while EA aren't directly supporting/encouraging modding, à la the CK, they aren't actively opposing it either.

I agree with you on this, however i wish DICE would have already released the toolkit instead of just saying, "Maybe someday..." then this issue that the fans complain about wouldn't have been brought up. It's one of the things i hate about a company representative who says vague things about their products.

Anyways, I think Modding is as entertaining as playing the game. I use them and I can tell you I've had so much fun trying out new mods, and seeing the wonderful talents people have but to buy Dragon Age: Inquisition where you have the limited ability to mod the game at all is just a big downer for me now. So If there's no toolset in order to fix the NPC's faces then I won't be playing DAI for a while. Also I don't believe there is a strong DAI modding community here if you can't mod the NPC (excluding Josephine, Leliana and Cullen and your companions) cause all i see is just texture on clothes and what not and that's a downer for me.

Edited by shadowhawk27