Heavy FPS drop in modded interior

MelodyOfNight

I used to get a lot of fps drops in funny places, bleak falls barrow etc etc,

I got some great advice...

1 : almost use common sense when it comes to INSTALL ORDER of texture mods.

2 : BE aware of you rigs limitations

as for fixing this issue, i personaly was wunning 243 mods at the time and about 40 HD texture packs, some of which overlapped each other and caused issues,

RevolverCC I believe helped me with this, let me try find the forum

to QUOTE HIM

"

Odd texture drops are probably due to sloppy archive load order, I suggest using Mod Organizer to ensure the proper textures are overwriting in the appropriate places. Your archive load order is the order in which your textures load NOT the order in which your ESMs load. Having multiple face / body texture mods is great but only if you are having the appropriate textures overwrite to ensure head and body textures are consistent.

Slight FPS drop is hard to determine, I had this occur with a bad chandelier mesh from SMIM and ELFX. The best thing you can do is monitor your FPS and attempt to locate the objects causing the FPS drop and then isolate what mods manipulate those objects.

Random Crashes are typically memory related. If you don't have the memory patch installed I strongly recommend you do so.

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/38649/?

If you do have the memory patch then it could be conflicting meshes and textures. I've had occurrences where my texture maps didn't match my texture so two separate texture mods can actually cause CTDs. This is especially true in my experience with long distance loading mods. Again, attempt to isolate where you are and relate it to what mods affect those areas.

That's the best I can give for now."

I am assuming, though this issue was slightly different it COULD be distantly related...

Collison between several texture packs or as suggested earlier, a bad ini setup

Edited by Demonikone

So, I finally fixed it.

I disabled ~95% of my mods with NMM and checked whether the drop was still there. It wasn't, so I re-enabled my mods one after another and always ckecket if it came back. In the end, I re-enabled all my mods again, but the problem was simply gone.

I'm a bit confused now, because I absolutely can't say what caused this... But hey, I can play Skyrim again!