Hello everyone, just seeing if anyone can help me

Jbearyo

Well ENB is a rather complex graphics mod, what you want from it is ENBoost, this solved Skyrim from running out of memory.

Regarding how to know memory problems, i find that even when i use programs like memtest for ram, itll pass but then i have obvious problems with the pc.

Skyrim launcher should work though, do you know if your inis are set to read-only? Id just delete them and rerun launcher but ill assume youve already done that. Given youve reinstalled everything, i find it valid to say hardware or drivers might be a cause, usually i am against saying that outright cos so many people post "you need rma" and blah blah. I would have recommended unplugging stuff on your board and plugging it back in, but seems youve done that too.

Try the memtest program, but at this stage dont get any hopes up. You might even try removing your ram and testing one stick at a time. Then we can blame gpu. But what bothers me is you cant load the launcher.

Edit - ill tell you what, ill give you the enb mod with just the settings for enboost and no graphics. Just need to know how much memory your 760ti has first.

so I installed ENB, looked at all the guides online on how to do everything, I have changed all my max video memory settings and changed all of those accordingly

but now; I get a black screen for roughly 5 seconds, and then the game comes back, lasts about 3 seconds, and then goes black for about 5 seconds again

This when loading a save?

Edit make sure you make the appropraie edits to your skyrim inis to accommodate enb and disable all aa

Okay so I just deleted all my saves from the game folder, ( both from PC and in-game saves

Started a new game, I could hear the cart, and the music, but it was a black screen, I saw it flicker white ( on the black screen ) then it went into a blacker black screen ( so from in-game black screen, white flicker, then PC / GPU black screen ) and then the game crashed.

dumbfounded now, still the same problem keeps happening.
clicking the '' options '' tab in the skyrim game launcher no longer crashes it, so thats fixed for now.

Edited by Jbearyo

Fair enough, i should have said "not entirely correct" or something on those lines. When i tried out 8 back in 2012, i was gonsmackrd how bad it was. Couldnt even get half my hardware working. 10 on the other hand has been a godsend apart from a few small bugs. Everything goes a lot faster for me now and in tests my memory speed has gone up a few percent.

Either way though i dont want to blame nvidias driver cos mine is going really well and its updated. Wouldnt put it past them to have broken support for the 7 series to up the sales on 9 serues cards though.

Above sounds like the symptoms i had with a dodgy 7970 i had brand new. Had to send back. Are you able to monitor temps on your card? If not get some software that can. But make sure you got your skyrim inis set up properly for enb.

yeah.. ive had it for a while now without problems, I dont think they will take it back if i say that i think its broken now

ive been monitoring my system with evga precision 16 and msi after burner, nothing seems out of the ordinary.

I'm fairly sure my enb is all setup correctly, I looked over alot of guides and double checked everything

all these crashes started happening even before i modded the game at all, so I don't think it's the problem

And what kind of advice is that - use ENBoost to fix crashing game? That won't fix anything, his issue goes further than just him running out of memory!

A recent change you made into your system proved to be bad. You'll need to find out what it was and revert. Since I don't play Skyrim anymore, can't tell you what exactly it is.

If youve taken note of what i said above, based on the OP we are trying to rule out a memory problem. Best to try any means necessary if all else fails. I would agree there appears to be a hardware problem likely the gpu, but your simple approach of "Its broken, give up" is hardly constructive. ENB makes critical changes to how Skyrim uses memory, at least he got in game. Black screen could suggest AA was still on in CP or INI or suggest gpu is fried.

You'd make a great technician, thats for sure.

Anyway OP, as a last suggestion, try moving your gpu to another PCI slot, doesnt matter if it is x8 slot because you wont lose any speed from.