Getting back into skryim after a while, need some tips.

deadby100cuts12

I put over 170 hours in skyrim,but its been a while and I'm just getting back into it. I had some questions.

1) where is the best place to sell stuff? The fences?

2)Whats the best way to make money in game (especially early game)

3)what are the best mods you suggest for someone who plays as a mage? I don't really want to change the mechanics but I remember at one point having a mod that let me run really fast using magic which was REALLY nice.

4) Are there any player homes with an auto sorting system like there are in fallout (obviously talking about modded player homes here)

5) what are the best graphical mods.

6) At what point should I do the dlc, and how do I start hearthfire, I have all the dlc but have only played the vampire one.

google is your friend my friend. skyrim has been out since 2011 and all these questions can be answered by a simple google search.

I will say the vanilla skyrim is incredibly easy and the best way to make money and how i start pretty much EVERY character is by using alchemy.

Run around outside of whiterun and collect blue butterfly wings and blue mountain flowers...the flowers can be found along the roads leading to the farms and leading to helgen. then collect some wheat and and combine all 3 together to make one of the best potions in the game and sell.........repeat this process and you can have around 10k gold in just a couple hours.

careful tho it will also level you up.

as far as mage stuff..........try a mod like perkus maximus...it overhauls the perks but doesnt change mechanics.....AND OR try a mod that adds new spells...

again google is your friend.

Hearthfire is really just a player home mod. You should get a letter from the Yarl of Falkreath fairly early in the game. Go to Falkreath, help out the local populace (pick some potatoes and then sell them to the farmer right next to them, deliver some ashes to the priest of Arkay, kill a group of bandits, or a couple of others, you can buy some land from the Yarl's Steward (Elf chick in the Yarl's longhouse) He should also make you a Thane, so you'll get another Housecarl (assuming you already have Lydia?) Then go visit your block of dirt and start building.

Be warned that once you complete any add-on for your house, and you can only do one at a time, (north wing, west-wing etc) it is fixed and CANNOT be changed later without the user made mods.

As for making money, the biggest problem is that the NPC vendors don't actually have that all much gold. You can pick up far, far, FAR more loot (read: assorted useless crap that's worth one gold or more) than you could ever hope to sell. Running between Riverwood and Whiterun, though tedious allows you to sell most of your stuff, though you'll need to wait a day or two for the NPC's gold to reset, or get Breezehome, and get used to sleeping for 2 days at a time, You''ll get the well rested bonus, and the NPC coffers will reset.

Otherwise you'd have to travel across the entire map just to find enough vendors to buy all your junk. Also, most (all?) Hunters have a small amount of gold and will buy food, pelts, some ingredients and some weapons from you.

Cutting firewood, mining ore and picking vegetables is probably the most reliable (though slow) way to make money, as these can be exchanged at certain Taverns, certain Mines, and certain Farms respectively, and those don't seem to have a gold limit, so if you have 10000 Firewood, they'll give you 10000 gold. etc. The other way of course is to loot every corpse, plus open every cupboard/drawer/shelf/box/barrel/urn/bag/satchel/pile of bones and look for gold.

Meridia's Beacon should spawn randomly in a chest fairly early on, and when you go to her temple all of the Imperial corpses have a crap tonne of gold on them so loot every corpse you see in there.

One thing, you shouldnt have any trouble making money, just make sure to sell the right items to the right ppl to maximise this. Example, sell your simple swords and sheilds to a smith, sell foods to inns/alchemists and save the random stuff/magic stuff for riverwood trader and belethors goods and Risaad the khajiit. You might consider the Trade and Barter mod by Kryptopyr to enhance all this, and maybe Economy of Skyrim mod for realism.

I always start the dlcs later on, but have never started them AFTER the main quest.

As far as gfx, look up vividian enb, its the best. Especually with all weather mods added in. I believe they provide a nice list of textures etc to use. Off the top of my head i use Skyrim HD texture pack by Nebula01, SMIM and realistic water 2 with enb watercolor. I use a lot more, too many to list

For mages, have a look at enchanting awakened or Wintermyst and maybe something like better magic rebalanced or TTRSO. PerMa is a big mid and requires a lot of time in patching other mods if you want to use a lot, TTRSO is nice and light weight.

Id also highly recommend any of author Krypopyrs mods and also Cheskos Frostfall and Perseid9/Mofakin Realistic needs and diseases

Theres an easy way to to reset vendors inventory so you can quickly sell off all your potions using the method i mentioned. The unofficial patches dont prevent this exploit either......

sell off what you want.

save game.

attack vendor. (you dont have to kill them, just attack them)

reload

vendors gold and inventory will now be reset.

sell more potions.

rinse and repeat. :)