frequent ctd when outside.

hkrecon

So, I reverted all of the ESMs I edited back to their original versions. I also enabled tracing to see if that could shed any light on things. Now when I run the game it does a CTD as soon as the save file is loaded. (I never even see the game render a scene.)

The info in the logs does not seem to indicate a smoking gun (to my eye) but here is the log in case the way smarter than me people here can find anything.

[10/16/2015 - 08:23:44AM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:44AM] Function GetEffectMagnitudes in the empty state on type Ingredient does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:44AM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:44AM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [sKI_ActiveEffectsWidget <SKI_ActiveEffectsWidgetInstance (0B000822)>] INITIALIZED
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [sKI_ActiveEffectsWidget <SKI_ActiveEffectsWidgetInstance (0B000822)>]: Updating to script version 2
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [LoS_MCM <mannyLOS_MCM (0A00E6C7)>] INITIALIZED
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [sKI_FavoritesManager <SKI_FavoritesManagerInstance (0B00082A)>]: Updating to script version 2
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [sKI_FavoritesManager <SKI_FavoritesManagerInstance (0B00082A)>]: Updating to script version 3
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [LoS_MCM <mannyLOS_MCM (0A00E6C7)>]: Registered Lanterns of Skyrim at MCM.
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [sKI_ConfigMenu <SKI_ConfigMenuInstance (0B000820)>] INITIALIZED
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [sKI_ConfigMenu <SKI_ConfigMenuInstance (0B000820)>]: Updating to script version 2
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [sKI_ConfigMenu <SKI_ConfigMenuInstance (0B000820)>]: Updating to script version 3
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [sKI_ConfigMenu <SKI_ConfigMenuInstance (0B000820)>]: Updating to script version 4
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [sKI_ConfigMenu <SKI_ConfigMenuInstance (0B000820)>]: Updating to script version 5
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [sKI_ConfigMenu <SKI_ConfigMenuInstance (0B000820)>]: Updating to script version 6
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [sKI_ConfigMenu <SKI_ConfigMenuInstance (0B000820)>]: Updating to script version 7
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [sKI_ConfigMenu <SKI_ConfigMenuInstance (0B000820)>]: Updating to script version 8
[10/16/2015 - 08:23:57AM] [sKI_ConfigMenu <SKI_ConfigMenuInstance (0B000820)>]: Updating to script version 9
[10/16/2015 - 08:24:01AM] VM is freezing...
[10/16/2015 - 08:24:01AM] VM is frozen
[10/16/2015 - 08:24:01AM] Reverting game...

No smoking gun there, but Skyrim itself "run out of memory" eventually unless you use enboost. This ctd occurs at random times but usually on load screens where it hasnt purged memory or while walking into new areas. Try a new game perhaps? Or even save cleaner mod.

Navmesh and meshes on general cause ctds in specific places where they have bad overrides, load order is essential for mods that alter places in the world, for example you will crash south of helgen with the helgen reborn mod because USKP made changes to navmesh here, and you cant load HR before USKP so all you can do is carry USKP navmesh fixes over to your own patch to overwrite. HR is supposed to be USKP complaint, yet i always get this crash without that fix. Meshes when corrupted or broken can ctd the game, like if you use mesh optimizing programs and they do it wrong.

In the end every one needs to learn to hand patch their own games and read about different peoples ctds, then you can start to diagnose your own.

Well, I seem to have completely buggered something up. :wallbash:

Now I get CTD right as the game tries to render the game after loading a save. (I do see the "loading" screen between picking my save and the game starting from the save.)

I reverted the esm's I edited and no luck, so I want back to the original load order I posted and still no luck.

Wrye Bash thinks that everything is perfect for the save I'm trying to load. I then realized that the save I was using was done with the esp's in place that I edited. I want back to an older save and I'm right back to having a CTD after moving some distance from where the save starts.

This is with the load order suggested by SMB92. (Thanks for that!) When I went back to put the load order back to the suggestion I noticed that the SkyFalls mods were not in that order. Based on that they are currently at the end of my order. I'm hoping that's not the right place for them! :laugh:

I've done some more testing in hopes that it will be of use.

First off my problems are occurring in the Dragonborn DLC

My save starts in Tel Mithryn

If I walk toward Nchardak from there I get a CTD after traveling a fair distance.

If I fast travel to the Sun Stone I can walk a short distance toward Nchardak before CTD

If I fast travel to Raven Rock I can walk around anywhere in the town without CTD

If I fast travel to Kagrumez I get an immediate CTD

@hkrecon - your load order is good about half way down but the top half is still a bit messy. Youve got a lot going on for AI, i think you might have a ctd related to bad NPC conflict somewhere, cos im not really seeing anything in the way of navmesh conflicts (these ctd you quickly in specific spots.) Could be aomething else also but thats about all i can think of at present. Im actually at that market in my own game and theres nothing wrong with ETaC itself here.

@Sailing - go get the unofficial patches by arthmoor. A tually just google USLEEP and download that. See if this fixes the DB specific problem. If not redownload SMIM and reinstall, a broken mesh will ctd you every time and nexus often half downloads things.

I have not yet been aboe to find a download link for the USLEEP patch, but I did reload SIMM and still the same result. I do still need to try downloading it via "regular" means and installing it.

When I dlwnloaded and installed it there were several prompts about other mods modifying certain files. I aaccepted all changes from SIMM. (Hoping that was correct!)

Reason we wanted to redownload SMIM is to ruleout a corrupted mesh, i was hoping that might be the case and the areas you crashed in might have been affected. Btw Skyfalls goes right above SMIM esp. SMIM should overwrite a few meshes but generally if you know a mod contains custom meshes/textures you just let it overwrite SMIM if you wanna see the new model from the other mod.

USLEEP should be on a separate website, AFK Mods. Maybe just get the usual unofficial patches and install those.

Finally got around to installing the SLEEP patch and still have the exact same CTD.

I also installed SIMM from a downloaded file instead of using NMM just to be sure.

I'm thinking that my next step will be to remove every mod and then install them one by one in the proper load order. My guess is that when I installed a mod I had one overwrite something that it should not have done and that's what has everything screwed up.

Just to double check, when installing in the proper load order, if there are any notifications about overwriting existing files I should take the version from the mod I am installing instead of the previously installed version.

Before you go and reinstall everythung, realize that youll probably get back to square one here with a ctd again. If we dont learn how to identify the problem then we always have the problem, if you catch my drift. Lemme read over this thread again, ive posted that many i cant keep track. But i cant help myself sometimes XD

BTW get rid of skysight - it conflict with sfo too much i saw from another guys load order i sorted personally on my computer. Now if you can Sailing, send me a PM with a copy of your Skyrim ini files and also your system specs. I will send you a pre configured ENB that only use the memory settings and nit the graphics. I need your specs to set that up properly and also your inis.