Skyrim Dialogue Broken

KatEternity87

can anyone help me figure out why there is missing dialouges in skyrim? I notice the biggest issue is in whiterun right now, some don't work. The quest with the redgaurd dude that argues with his wife as soon as you get into whiterun doesn't show up, and belathor doesn't sell his goods. It just has the "how is business" and "what's a breton doing in skyrim" or something like that as options.

If anyone can help me fix this, I will be eternally grateful to you. I want skyrim to be working fully 100% not half way like it is right now. I've tried fixing it by myself but I'm no techie. :-(

Anyone wanna pitch a hand? And don't worry all the mods I have on here work fine, nothings wrong with the mods. Everything is in their proper load order and I have used TES5 Edit program several times but it's not doing anything to fix the missing dialouge problem. I'm hoping it's just in white run cus it'd suck if I won't be able to finish questlines cus of missing dialogues.

Is there anyway to fix this? Or am I doomed on the pc version forever? And I just installed the game, so I know it's not "uninstall and reinstall" to fix my problem. I tried that already and the missing dialogue problem is still there.

Thanks so much for your help!

I have the load order attached to my post!

I cant see your load order

Sorry it took me so long to respond, i was actually starting to think that my request for help would end up as a dead post.

And like I said before, in the original, I already had to install the game after my computer had a system reformat done on it, so I know "uninstall then reinstall" isn't gonna help anything; I also tried steam's validate your cache option with the same dailouge problems in the game.

It was acting like this before I even installed any mods. Amren doesn't give you the radient quest to find his sword but I did find a quick fix for belathor's vender problem, though I suspect it won't even work without the "Belathor Vender Fix" mod installed. Any idea why these two npcs are missing their dialouge or why a npc would even be missing a dialouge option in the first place? I tried for months to do it on my own and racked my brain looking things up about the topic, and, so far, I received absolutely nothing despite my constant research on it. I'm hoping that you guys here at nexusforums will be able to help me fix it. This is the right forum section to ask for technical support, right? (Just double checking)

Anyways, here's my load order:

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm=1
Devious Devices - Integration.esm=1
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm=1
RSkyrimChildren.esm=1
CreatureFramework.esm=1
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm=1
Weightless Items - Armor (All Armor, Jewelry, Shields).esp=1
mxunfearedvampire.esp=1
calleb96- enhanced gold mod.esp=1
HearthfireMultiKid.esp=1
Weightless Items - Mongoose Mix.esp=1
WeightlessPotions.esp=1
Weightless Items - Potions (All Potions and Poisons).esp=1
Weightless Items - Books (All Books).esp=1
Weightless Items - Weapons (All Weapons).esp=1
Weightless Items - Misc (Clutter).esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
XPMSE.esp=1
NonSexLabAnimationPack.esp=1
KKSDGWeightSliderFix.esp=1
KKSDrBWeightFix.esp=1
SLA Monitor Widget.esp=1
HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp=1
Edited by kara87

Hehe im not the kind to rexommend silly stuff like reinstalling everything. So you lucky there. Let me see here... well, the top part of your load order is good, i was suspexting bad ordered dlcs etc but theyre good. I cant speak for "those" mods you got there because i wouldnt touch em with a 10 foot pole, but the load order seems fine. SkyUI i always put up top but.

Have you run FNIS generator and all that? Maybe its a problem there, ive seen a few odd things.

But if this is also a vanilla issue for you and youve taken all the correct steps in basic troubleshooting, you might be looking at something ini related, bodged setting perhaps.

Edit - whats this here gold mod do? To sorta answer ur question about why it happens, can be a number of things, its a fragile game, but one reason is beoken quest triggering or botched edits from a mod on a quest or related script. If this gold mid touches vendors than maybe its holding up your scripts from firing away EDIT - or broken them altogether. Although thatd probably give you ctds on save too. Just looking at all options.

Hehe im not the kind to rexommend silly stuff like reinstalling everything. So you lucky there. Let me see here... well, the top part of your load order is good, i was suspexting bad ordered dlcs etc but theyre good. I cant speak for "those" mods you got there because i wouldnt touch em with a 10 foot pole, but the load order seems fine. SkyUI i always put up top but.

Have you run FNIS generator and all that? Maybe its a problem there, ive seen a few odd things.

But if this is also a vanilla issue for you and youve taken all the correct steps in basic troubleshooting, you might be looking at something ini related, bodged setting perhaps.

Edit - whats this here gold mod do? To sorta answer ur question about why it happens, can be a number of things, its a fragile game, but one reason is beoken quest triggering or botched edits from a mod on a quest or related script. If this gold mid touches vendors than maybe its holding up your scripts from firing away. Although thatd probably give you ctds on save too. Just looking at all options.

Well, I'm wondering if it's because of a few dirty edits in what it says after I run loot or boss. I'm not sure how to clean dirty edits with TES5 program, I thought I was doing it correctly but maybe I'm doing something wrong here. What do you do to clean dirty edits? What are the right steps? Cus sometimes I lean towards the fact that it's those dirty edits hanging around in dawngard.esm, dragonborn.esm, hearthfire.esm, and update.esm. What are the right steps to clean dirty edits? I know not to mess with mods, some of them require them. It's the other stuff I'm worried about.

Removed the gold mod just now and ran FNIS. I dont know if that'd solve the problem but I would desperately like this solved!

Edited by kara87

Well im pretty sure you dont clean the sk esms as per USKPs advice.

Cleaning mods is pretty easy, all you do is open tesvedit and load all your active mods which are selected by default, wait for it to load then right click on the list of mod anywhere and select apply filter for cleaning. When that finishes you just right click any mod and select remove ITMs and UDRs. Have a go at it if you think it will help. My only thoughts eight now is you may have the wrong liad irder for *those* mods.

Cleaning mods is pretty easy, all you do is open tesvedit and load all your active mods which are selected by default, wait for it to load then right click on the list of mod anywhere and select apply filter for cleaning. When that finishes you just right click any mod and select remove ITMs and UDRs. Have a go at it if you think it will help. My only thoughts eight now is you may have the wrong liad irder for *those* mods.

That's just the thing, it was acting like that before I started adding any mods whatsoever, it was completely vanilla. That's why I started thinking that a files of my game got corrupted, i just haven't figured out what it is yet. I spent a week after I reformatted my computer on looking up "broken dialogues" only coming up with nothing. :-/ I guess I'll try uninstalling "those" mods as you call them lmao, and see what happens but to be honest I really doubt it's any of the mods themselves.

Edit that first note - you can clean skyrim esms. I was remembering something else.

Mmm if you are definite it happens in vanilla, are you on win10. I was helping another user that claimed win10 update beoke the game, but of course at first i was a bit skeptical as i run it myself, but then the problems have started slowly from there.

My Skyrim esms became completely corrupted, but Steam validate cache didnt pick it up. I had to manually delete and redownload. I also cleaned the esms this time and im running a long time current game and all is well so yeah.

Edit - should of asked before but can you get a papyrus log up please? If you dont know how just go to Skyrim.ini and go to [papyrus] and set the 3 logging settings to 1. Then try run the game and do something and then exit and there will be a log in your my games folder called papyrus0 etc. 0 is the current log.

That's just the thing, it was acting like that before I started adding any mods whatsoever, it was completely vanilla. That's why I started thinking that a files of my game got corrupted, i just haven't figured out what it is yet. I spent a week after I reformatted my computer on looking up "broken dialogues" only coming up with nothing. :-/ I guess I'll try uninstalling "those" mods as you call them lmao, and see what happens but to be honest I really doubt it's any of the mods themselves.

Wasn't sure about the papryus log though I suspected it was either that or the character behaviors/AI or both. Perhaps a mod conflicting with another mod. After i disabled all the mods except the skyrim esm and update esm, I loaded skyrim on a new game. As soon as I entered whiterun I went into belathor's general goods store and noticed that his option to sell to you popped up (sold a few things to him). Then I went to Amren and his dialouge option of "what were you two arguing about?" finally popped up after a week or two of struggling with no radient questlines and odd character behavior. I'm going to need to sort through more files tonight before I can grab the log files of the papyrus.

In the mean time I'm disabling/uninstalling any mod that may be conflicting with game play.

Edited by kara87