Lightmap generation fail

Ladyofpayne

I used this

Method 1

• Right-click on "New Room" in top-left list > Insert > New Light
  • Move it up off the floor a little (e.g. Z = 2). In Object Inspector > Affects Characters TRUE > "Color Intensity" 2 or more > "Light Type" Point - Static (lc) > Choose any bright color (this light illuminates both the level and the characters).
  • Copy and paste. In Object Inspector >"Light Type" Ambient - Baked (you must have an ambient light, and this approach stops your shadows being pitch black) > Choose a dark blue colour and keep the Color Intensity under 2/3.

For three levels this one worked but for the other I get error message: Make sure UVmap is correct.

Most items on location are the same as for sucessful one.

http://social.bioware.com/wiki/datoolset/index.php/Level_Editor_Tutorial#Adding_lights

does the level use custom models or the default models found in the toolset?

All custom.

But all models in test level look fine- no UV problems.

By the way I cannot understand why 2 levels were sucessful but the rest didn't. What probles this can be?

I can check all models - probably some of them still have UV problems I haven't notices but as I said before- all of them were tested in test level and I saw no problems.

So what I should do now?

Edited by Ladyofpayne

the only thing I could find about UV errors comes from an old tutorial that is no longer available on the web. this is what it said:

My custom material does not seem to lightmap

Ensure your material is set to static, has a lightmap texture line and has unique textures (diffuse cannot be used as both diffuse and specular), and your object has a second UV layer and meta data.

i'm not certain if this will help you or not, however. the only reason i still have this tutorial is because there were several years right after we moved that we didn't have internet at home and i would have to take my laptop to some place that offered free wifi. i'd save the webpages i needed so i could use them offline at home. I really wish I could be more help. Best of luck.