From AMD Fx8350 to Core i7 6700k - Now less FPS

slowman87

I can hit 9000 and depending on lighting situation between 3-4 million without losing frames. Usually for my cpu 5000 and 3 mil are ideal. Some dorests with SFO hit 9500/7.5mil and to my surprise thats still 47fps (at the dwarven ruin not far from morthal with the lift)

You definitely got problems, just dont understand why just yet :/

Hi, I have some improvement, I don't like to touch My skyrim.ini values but I had to. I changed previous values from the iNumHWThreads= section, because I think I had maybe some values tweaked for the AMD fx8350. So I read in this post someguy recomending this tweaks for an intel Core i7, and seems now the FPS are Higher.

This is the post on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/1yj1v7/do_the_ini_tweaks_for_multicore_cpus_actually_work/

And those are the values I changed; some people say you don't should touch anything, but anyway... you can give it a try.

[General]

iNumHWThreads=8

iHWThread6=7

iHWThread5=6

iHWThread4=5

iHWThread3=4

iHWThread2=1

iHWThread1=0

iAIThread2HWThread=3

iAIThread1HWThread=2

iRenderingThread2HWThread=1

iRenderingThread1HWThread=0

I think havok can go 2 max. Thise settings have done nothing for me, ppl keep saying they see 5fps or so improvement, i set every one of them to one and Skyrim still had 33 threads open and frames didnt change. Not saying they dont work period but they certainly do nothing for me.

For your quad core its actually recommended to delete all those lines clean outta the ini so maybe try that?

You are right, i have tested more, and Maybe is just a placebo effect, well, I just got tired from today's search, but anyway, at least I got a more smooth gameplay with my new processor, in towns I can get a maximum of 60FPS with all those NPC an thing around so that's positive, my average conclusion is this must be limitations of ENB or the game engine. Thanks a lot for the help Dude, I will look forward for disabling that multi-thread thing. :thumbsup:

PD: I removed the havok values from previous post, I haven't touched them too.