AI Issue. Includes and is not limited to Vanilla followers, DLC followers, and Modded Followers.

JefferyKoslov

So quite some time ago, all of my followers just stopped readying their weapons. I ready my weapon, they stand still or just follow me. I sheath my weapon, and the same thing happens. They don't obey combat at all. [The only time] They will initiate combat if they are damaged by a hostile NPC. If a hostile NPC is attacking me, they refuse to take action at all whatsoever. Despite having uninstalled and reinstalled all of my mods, nothing seems to have worked at all. This is SEVERELY annoying and I would absolutely just love to see a damned right bit of information that will work. I recently read that Amazing Follower Tweaks (AFT) and Convenient Horses (CH) require compatibility patches in order to function together, and it just so happens that followers have combat issues regarding both of the mods without the compatibility patch. So I thought, "Oh, well how silly of me. It was that simple?" Well I was once again dead wrong. I installed the compatibility patch and still, my follower REFUSED to ready their weapon.

I have literally tried everything I can possibly do other than completely wipe my game. I am saving a total wipe as a last resort, but if nobody can suggest any other new things for me to try, then I suppose I will have to erase my Skyrim data as a whole.

- Koslov.

Regarding the post, I solved it myself by simply wiping my game and reinstalling the files. After that, it was fixed. Yes, it persisted into new games and all. I am telling you. I tried everything, but it would seem that one of my Skyrim files must have become corrupt, so. That sucks.

Thank you, anyway.

- Koslov.