fnv4gb serious help needed

nasomaniac

ok so i finally managed to properly install every single mod i have and everything looks awesome, anyhow i notices that on certain spots there are some weird bugs im no really sure on how to explain it but i have shadows were they should not be but on tfc if you move a little they are gone is like minimal noticeable but it does change i noticed this by runing around mojave and looking at my toons hair it suddenly from some angle pick a way brighter hair tone.

so anyhow the only i think of is fnv4gb for the following , i check and rebuilt every mod i have everything is working but, i noticed the following i open my game with purely nvse and fps and performance was exactly same as when runing with fnv4gb there was not even a minimal diference yes the bugs were there still but its not suposed 4gb help with texture mods and stuf? anyhow it didnt make a diference from playing with just nsve and i have 4k textures (ojo bueno)

so the only diference i can notice is that when i exit game with nsve it exists flawlessly but when i do exit with fnv4gb it shows an error similar to when 1 progam stops working not a big deal cuz im alredy leaving game i mean im exiting it, but this test let me saw that its quite possible that fnv4gb is NOT working as it should be

so the method that i follow for fnv4gb installation was this

unzip it copy exe and dll to my nv folder.

create a shortcut with the following comand line "C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\fnv4gb.exe" -exe FalloutNV.exe -laaexe FalloutNV4GB.exe -SteamAppId 22380

launch

pls i really need help im not sure what im doing wrong what im sure is that this program is not working as inteended (and i dont blame the author but myself for being so noobish)

make sure the AppID is right, cause yeah, and you dont need to worry about that on that, the game loads through steam overlay by via shortcut! just have the Shortcut on the desktop, it's hard to make Steam to run the new executable

Edit, as i mean make a shortcut of the launcher of 4GB Launcher, put it on your desktop, rename it what you want like me Fallout Tales of Two Wastelands 4GB and i click that, only use the main launcher to edit config and such, even people will say this on the Skyrim side

Edited by jdavies345

ima try that cuz indeed i doubt is around archive invalidation i made sure i have the fallout ai!!.bsa + ini config , im also now runing into issues with that after a couple of hours some random glitches start such as ground missing textures, npcs talking but weird mouth movement so i close game deactivate AI and activate it again and bugs are gone is there any workaround this to not have to do this every 1-2 hrs bugs start?

also from now and then lets say each 2-4 days for some reason steam set my ini to read only wich makes acces denied when trying to invalidate so have to open ini and uncheck read only does anyone know why steams do this and how to prevent steam keep changing the file to read only

load order

GameMode=FalloutNV
FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
FCOMaster.esm=1
Advanced Recon Tech.esm=1
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm=1
Interior Lighting Overhaul - L38PS.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
Military NV Backpacks.esm=1
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esm=1
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm=1
MojaveDelight.esp=1
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp=1
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
Type3MClothing.esp=1
Holster Gear.esp=1
Advanced Recon Gear.esp=1
Advanced Recon Tech.esp=1
GlovesGalore.esp=1
GlovesGalore_DeadMoney.esp=1
Advanced Recon Gear-Locations Doc Mitchell.esp=1
Advanced Recon Armor.esp=1
Advanced Recon Armor-Location Doc Mitchell.esp=1
Advanced Recon Desert Ranger Helmet.esp=1
Ghost Variants Safe.esp=0
Ghost Variants Adjutant.esp=0
Ghost Variants.esp=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp=1
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp=1
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1
Military NV Backpacks - BumBagUseSlot1.esp=1
Military NV Backpacks - Vendor Script Replenish.esp=1
Military NV Backpacks - No Straps.esp=1
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Cheat.Cabinet.esp=1
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Honest.Hearts.Grunt.Patch.esp=1
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Leveled.Lists.esp=1
MojaveDelighted.esp=1
Advanced Recon Gear - Project Nevada.esp=1
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
Readius_NV.esp=1
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp=1
FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting - Full.esp=1
SOME fnv4gb info i dont understand it but was from my last played game
Loader: Getting windows version - 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Loader: Address Space Size = 0xFAE57000
Loader: Getting executable name - C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\fnv4gb.exe
Loader: Parsing Command Line...
laaexe = .\FalloutNV4GB.exe
Loader: Trying to get game path from Bethesda Softworks registry key
Loader: Attmepting to open HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\FalloutNV - Succeeded
Loader: Attempting to query size of "Installed Path" value - Succeeded
Loader: Attempting to query "Installed Path" value - Succeeded
Loader: Changing directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\
Loader: Original exe is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV.exe
Loader: LAA exe is: C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV4GB.exe
Loader: Validating original exe...
Loader: Validation passed
Loader: Making sure original and LAA exe are not the same file - They aren't
Loader: Making sure this executable is not C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV.exe - It isn't
Loader: Making sure this executable is not C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV4GB.exe - It isn't
Loader: Original exe doesn't have LAA flag set as required.
Loader: Getting file attributes for original exe
Loader: Checking if file attributes for original exe and LAA exe match - They did.
Loader: Validating and checking status of C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV4GB.exe...
Loader: seems good
Loader: Setting SteamAppId environment variable to 22380 (Fallout New Vegas)
Loader: Setting SteamGameId environment variable to 22380
Loader: Creating process: "C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV4GB.exe"
Loader: Allocating memory buffer in child procress - Success. Buffer at FFFA0000
Loader: Getting handle to Kernel32
Loader: Getting filename of Kernel32
Loader: Getting module information for Kernel32
Loader: Creating remote thread to initialize libraries
Loader: Waiting for remote thread to exit
Loader: Getting number of modules loaded in child process
Loader: Getting handles to modules loaded in child process
Loader: Looking for handle to Kernel32 in module handle list from child process
Loader: Injecting dll loader code into child process.
Loader: Writing injection data into child process.
Loader: Creating remote thread to load helper dll
Loader: Waiting for remote thread to exit
fnv4gb_helper: successfully injected
Executable filename: C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV4GB.exe
Executable address: 0x400000
Address Space Size = 0xF9D8F000
Resetting LAA Bit
Getting Handle to KERNEL32 - Succeeded
Redirecting GetModuleFileNameA
Loading additional DLLs
Attempting to load nvse_steam_loader.dll - Succeeded
fnv4gb_helper: returning from CompleteInjection
Loader: Checking if LAA has any effect - It does.
Loader: Checking if LAA flag worked for child process - It Did
Loader: Starting main thread in child process
Loader: Waiting for child process to exit
query
load
installed hook for conditionDamagePenalty
registered commands
Plugin Querying
Plugin Loading
GetConfig MCM.ini ->
  • MaxWidth=350.0000
GetConfig MCM.ini -> [Messages] Tutorial=1.0000
NVSE runtime: initialize (version = 5.0.2 040020D0 01D10F9C1DD34F07)
imagebase = 00400000
config path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\NVSE\nvse_config.ini
plugin directory = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\\MCM.dll
SetOpcodeBase 000021C0
RegisterCommand GetModINISetting (21C0)
RegisterCommand SetModINISetting (21C1)
RegisterCommand GetMCMFloat (21C2)
RegisterCommand SetMCMFloat (21C3)
RegisterCommand SetMCMString (21C4)
RegisterCommand SetMCMFloatMass (21C5)
RegisterCommand SetMCMStringMass (21C6)
RegisterCommand SetMCMModList (21C7)
RegisterCommand GetMCMListWidth (21C8)
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\\MCM.dll (00000001 MCM Extensions 00000001) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\\pn_nvse.dll
SetOpcodeBase 00002125
RegisterCommand PN_GetProjectileExplosion (2125)
RegisterCommand PN_GetExplosionDamage (2126)
RegisterCommand PN_GetExplosionForce (2127)
RegisterCommand PN_SetExplosionDamage (2128)
RegisterCommand PN_SetExplosionForce (2129)
RegisterCommand PN_ListClear (212A)
RegisterCommand PN_GetActorBaseFlagsLow (212B)
RegisterCommand PN_SetConditionDamagePenalty (212C)
RegisterCommand PN_GetConditionDamagePenalty (212D)
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\\pn_nvse.dll (00000001 pn_nvse 00000002) loaded correctly
max id = 000021C9
console commands
script commands
patched
init complete
Hook_DirectInput8Create_Execute
NVSE DLL DoPreLoadGameHook: Guardar 13 grova Nipton 02 05 21.fos
Reading mod list from co-save
Loading array variables
Loading strings
NVSE DLL DoLoadGameHook: Guardar 13 grova Nipton 02 05 21.fos
NVSE DLL DoPostLoadGameHook: Guardar 13 grova Nipton 02 05 21.fos
NVSE DLL DoSaveGameHook: autosave.fos
saving to C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Saves\autosave.nvse
saving 1 plugins to C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Saves\autosave.nvse
saving 1 plugins to C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Saves\autosave.nvse
NVSE DLL DoSaveGameHook: Guardar 14 grova Novac 02 38 04.fos
saving to C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Saves\Guardar 14 grova Novac 02 38 04.nvse
saving 1 plugins to C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Saves\Guardar 14 grova Novac 02 38 04.nvse
DeleteGameHook: C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Saves\Guardar 13 grova Nipton 02 05 21.fos
deleting C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Saves\Guardar 13 grova Nipton 02 05 21.nvse
Loader: Exiting
Edited by nasomaniac

You only need the -laaexe part for one thing, and only if you are using ENB. The other two options are not necessary, the -exe one is only if you want to use the tool on something else other than new vegas, and the -SteamAppId one is only if you have the Eastern Europe version (22490).

The tool is working fine by the log.

You have graphical anomalies because your video driver doesn't detect that you are running the game because of the name change. Either don't use the -laaexe option, or if you have an nvidia card add the exe to the driver profile for new vegas with nvidia inspector, or if you have an ati card create a new profile with catalyst control center.

thanks roy, i managed to fix it you were right my nvidia driver wasnt recognizing was pretty easy and quick to add it via nvidia inspector.

like i said on the beggining not blaming the author but myself for being so stupid

all left to say is thank you very much roy for the assistance and for this awesome mod after adding my driver i also added nv stutter remover and with fnv4gb and remover convined my fps went from 30-35 range to solid 50s runing a lot of 4k texture no more graphical anomalies crashes or anything everything runing awesome

alredy endorsed your mod awesome mod <3 thanks again for sharing it with the comunity