Mod Problem

Caccolus

Hi everyone,I've got a problem with a mod that I have recently deleted (I think it's called "Deadly Reflex"):even if deleted,it keeps working on Oblivion!And that's really an annoying thing,because this kind of mod changes the way you fight,but also creates some bugs that I really don't want.Please,let me know what I can do!Thanks.

This same thing happened to me as well. Did you delete it entirely, or just de-activate it?

I was able to fix the problem by deactivating it in Wrye Bash. For some reason it worked then.

It sounds like you didn't remove the animation files that come with DR. Just deactivating the esp won't remove those files and they will still be used and cause issues as you have seen.

You could manually remove them by checking the DR archive or make an omod, reinstall using OBMM and then uninstall with OBMM. Then all files should be removed.

Edited by Maigrets

Well, I had a problem where I would deactivate DR 5 and there would still be the hourglass in my inventory, and the moves where still being done. If I deactivated Horsecombatmaster.esm, the game would not load because DR5 was still active, even though I deactivated it in OBMM. I would delete everything, and the game would still act like I was trying to load it and crash because no master was found.

The only way to make it finally figure out I didn't want to use that buggy mod that was breaking my game was to deactivated it in Wrye Bash. Then and only then could I move on with my life Oblivion-wise.

Does it crash when you try to load a save or when you start Oblivion (i.e. before you get to the load game menu)? Crash when loading Oblivion could be a missing master, when loading a save could be a corrupt save.