ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Walk me through changing a character's appearance?

wollam11

When you first start the CS and are clicking Obilivion.esm and StokerWolff.esp, what does it say in the Parent Masters pane on the far right of the Data dialog when you have the StokerWolff.esp highlighted? The master files listed there must be loaded (X'ed) in the CS and then the StokerWolff.esp set to active file. Edited by Striker879

When you first start the CS and are clicking Obilivion.esm and StokerWolff.esp, what does it say in the Parent Masters pane on the far right of the Data dialog when you have the StokerWolff.esp highlighted? The master files listed there must be loaded (X'ed) in the CS and then the StokerWolff.esp set to active file.

Oblivion.esm ..

I checked off both and made only Stoker active.

I thought I would uninstall and then re-install Stoker. It seems to work now - no error remarks.

But, then:

I can't get his hair to shorten. I can change his complexion, his age, his hair color - but I can't get it shorter. :(

So when StokerWolff.esp is highlighted in the Data dialog when starting the CS the only master listed in the right pane is Oblivion.esm?

So when StokerWolff.esp is highlighted in the Data dialog when starting the CS the only master listed in the right pane is Oblivion.esm?

Yep.

But, like I said before - the Summary says I need Oblivion patch 1.2. But, I have the Unofficial Oblivion patch 3.2 as an active OMOD (it wouldn't be working if I didn't have the 1.2 patch would it? Let alone all the other mods I have working (Better Cities, COBL, etc.)?)

Sorry, should have seen this last time. Are you using a mod that changes hair/eyes? I see you have an error "Failed to load 'Meshes/Characters/Corean/Head/Corean_Head4.nif' in BSFaceGenModel::LoadModelMesh". I did a search and there are a number of mods that come up when I search for 'Corean'. The hair you're trying to change isn't from StokerWolff.esp, it's from another mod.

What I was asking above isn't about what Oblivion patch is installed. Every esp you try to edit in the CS has dependancies ... master files that must be loaded in the CS so that you can edit and make changes, that are then stored in your esp file. If you are trying to edit an existing esp file and don't have all the master files it requires loaded in the CS you'll get errors. Some esp files have more than one master. When you single click on an esp in the left hand pane of the Data dialog of the CS (under TES Files) you will see all the master files it requires listed in the Parent Masters pane on the right.

It says the only master file I need is Oblivion.esm. I have that checked as well as Stoker Wolff.

These are the mods I have:

= Check Mods
This is a report on your currently active/merged mods.

=== Active Mod Files:
* 00  Oblivion.esm
* 01  Cobl Main.esm  [Version 1.72]
* 02  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm  [Version 1.34]
* 03  TamrielTravellers.esm  [Version 1.39c]
* 04  Better Cities Resources.esm  [Version 4.9.5]
* 05  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.2.0]
* 06  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
* 07  Better Cities .esp  [Version 4.7.0]
* 08  FormID Finder4.esp
* 09  kuerteeActorDetails.esp
* 0A  DLCHorseArmor.esp
* 0B  DLCOrrery.esp
* 0C  DLCVileLair.esp
* 0D  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
* 0E  DLCSpellTomes.esp
* ++  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
* 0F  DLCThievesDen.esp
* 10  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.4]
* 11  Cobl Glue.esp  [Version 1.72]
* 12  Cobl Si.esp  [Version 1.63]
* ++  Cobl Tweaks.esp  [Version 1.44]
* 13  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp  [Version 1.34]
* 14  OOO 1.32-Cobl.esp  [Version 1.72]
* ++  TamrielTravellerAdvScript.esp  [Version 1.39c]
* 15  TamrielTravellers.esp  [Version 1.39c]
* 16  TamrielTravellersItemsCobl.esp  [Version 1.39c]
* 17  OOO-WaterFish.esp  [Version 1.34]
* 18  KvatchAftermath.esp
* 19  Imperial Furniture Renovated.esp
* 1A  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
* 1B  DLCFrostcrag.esp
* 1C  Knights.esp
* 1D  Salmo the Baker, Cobl.esp  [Version 3.08]
* 1E  RefScope.esp  [Version 2.1.2]
* 1F  RenGuardOverhaul.esp
* ++  Item interchange - Placement for Frostcrag.esp  [Version 0.76]
* 20  Cobl Races.esp  [Version 1.52]
* ++  Cobl Races - Balanced.esp  [Version 1.52]
* 21  Better Cities Full.esp  [Version 4.9.5]
* 22  Better Imperial City.esp  [Version 4.9.5]
* 23  Better Cities - COBL.esp  [Version 2.1]
* 24  Cobl Silent Equip Misc.esp  [Version 01]
* 25  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
 * Delinquent Master: StokerWolff.esp
* 26  StokerWolff.esp

Do any of them incorporate the Corean hair? And how would that interact with Stoker when I've only checked Stoker.esm and Oblivion.esm?

I see Cobl Races.esp listed. Here's a quote from the Colb mod description:

Cobl Races

Cobl provides a large assortment of popular hairs and eyes plus five new races.

* Eyes from Capucine and Miss Onatop.

* Hairs from: Rens, Capucines, Babe, Soya, Throttlekitty, Saram, Corean, Kafeid.

* Races: Playable Aureal, Mazken and Xivilai. Plus Ohmes-Raht (based on Luchaire's Tabaxi), and Hidden Elves (based on Ren's Mystic Elves).

Notice at the top of your load order Cobl Main.esm ... this would be a case of the Cobl Races.esp having two master files required (Oblivion.esm and Cobl Main.esm). You are venturing outside my modding experience here, as the next thing that has to be considered is 'Mod De-Isolation'. I believe this applies because what you are trying to change in StokerWolff.esp is depending on information contained in Oblivion.esm, Cobl Main.esm AND Cobl Races.esp. If you tried editing Cobl Races.esp the changes wouldn't be reflected in StokerWolff.esp. StokerWolff.esp is getting it's hair from Cobl Races.esp so that file would need to be 'esmified' before the edits and then 're-espified' afterwards. If you read through the de-isolation article you'll see this isn't territory for the neophyte. I'm not saying you shouldn't ... it's an area I'm not ready to venture down just yet myself.

The other thing that pops out at me on your mod list is the 'Delinquent Master: StokerWolff.esp' at the bottom. Does the Stoker Wolff download include an esm?

Edit: The other thing to remember is your Bashed patch ... don't forget to make a new one after you make changes.

Edited by Striker879

I just hadn't rebuilt the bashed patch yet after activating Stoker. It's now just above Salmo in the load order.

As for 'esmifiying' Coblraces.esp: You're right; I'm not going to go anywhere near it by myself. I guess Stoker will just have to stay in the Bruma prison.

I just hadn't rebuilt the bashed patch yet after activating Stoker. It's now just above Salmo in the load order.

As for 'esmifiying' Coblraces.esp: You're right; I'm not going to go anywhere near it by myself. I guess Stoker will just have to stay in the Bruma prison.

Now that's a separate issue from hair style ... and fixable I believe. Here's an excerpt from the Stoker Wolff mod description:

MUST READ! Known Limitations

Unless you have Reneer�s Guard Overhaul, getting Stoker out of jail will be very challenging. I recommend download it in general.

Hmm ... just had a look back at your mod list and it seems you already have that ... how'd he wind up doing time?