[WIP] Vanilla Drops

jamochawoke

Just thought I'd give another update and state that I am nearing completion of the Blades overhaul.

Cloud Ruler Temple changes are almost complete and I have 7 new NPCs in the faction and 4 quest related NPCs ready to go.

Working on AI packages and some scripting now.

Then I will hopefully get some voice acting talent for the side-quest for the new NPCs and hopefully get the dialogue I need from Vanilla files for Captain Steffan so he can give you the quest.

I will then finish the other Knight orders.

I'm building it as a stand-alone immersion mod but where there's a popular mod that has done tons of work such as Better Cities, Thieves Highway, All Natural Weather, et cetera... those huge mods I am attempting to keep 100% compatibility with.

I have them loaded up in my load order and keep them off for modding purposes but when I need to check for conflicts I just toggle them on and see how they work together.

Vanilla Drops is also including several popular mods such as Talos Bridge Gatehouse (and some which are not so popular but are really really good) by other modders that I've gotten permission to include but I am usually altering them so that they are interactive with my mod (npc's will travel to those modded locations, removed some non-lore items, et cetera).

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to give an update.

Today I am almost completely done with the Blades faction revamp. In another week I think it and the different knights factions will be done.

Most of the time has been spent learning how to make quests in the CS because it was something I never touched before.

Now the time you spend in Cloud Ruler Temple in-between running quests for Martin and Jauffre should be a little more interesting ^_~. There's literally HUNDREDS of immersion enhancements I made to the area, all while making it look like it fits 100% in to the vanilla game style. And there's some wandering Blades doing spywork throughout Cyrodiil or on R+R from working in the provinces. There's a promotion quest in Cloud Ruler Temple and afterwards you'll be able to command a few of these guys to come with you. The blades in Cloud Ruler you won't be able to (mostly because it would mess up the game, but they also need to protect Martin!) but after the Main Quest is done you can interact with them a little more.

Screenshots will be coming soon and an alpha release once the knights factions are completely done for bugtesting.

Edited by jamochawoke

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATES!

--------- NEW MONSTERS and ANIMATIONS ----------

Completed half of the Winged Twilight Mesh and completed a skeleton for it. Needs rigging and animation still (ugh!).

Completed the entire Wereboar mesh and borrows my modified Werewolf skeleton. Needs to be rigged and animated.

Re-rigged and adjusted the Werewolf resource. Needs a few custom animations I've whipped up applied to it now but everything is going super smoothly (much better than I expected).

Re-rigged and mesh edited the Giant Spider resource. Added several new attack animations (including jumping, EEK!). Looks absolutely amazing in-game but having some bugs when the spider is paralyzed or knocked down and gets havok applied to it. The spider NPC likes to jump out of its body and leave the mesh down on the ground and just attack the player invisibly. I have absolutely no idea what causes this.

Nearly done with my "men and mer" animations for the NPCs. Got everything working. Just need a few more animations done.

New attack animations idea for the player is being a complete pain... I might have to scrap it, not sure yet.

----------- QUESTS -----------

Near done with my huge quest add-ons for the Blades. Moving on to Knights of the White Stallion and Knights of the Thorn next. After that it's the Arena faction redone! Everything is in place for these so I'm super pumped for this stuff. After that it's the Mages/Fighter's guilds and the Legion faction I've already made.

Experimenting with the roleplaying responses mod to see if I can get it to work better with existing quests (pain in the butt).

--------- MAGIC SYSTEM -------

Have several unique new spells up and working and some included with other modders' permissions. Still trying to get some others based on Midas' mod working (Xilver is insanely good but trying to learn off of his scripts is like picking up a book on Trig when all you know is simple maths and trying to learn from it lol).

-------- UNIQUE NPC'S HAVE UNIQUE LOOKS -------

15 of 52 NPCs are done and ready to go.

------- VANILLA RACE LOOK EXPANDER --------

Almost entirely done. The Bretons look really nice as do the elves now. Still trying to get the Imperials and Nords looking correctly.

I'm still up in the air about using a body replacer though.

Since I have so many custom armors and clothing built I might just have to leave it alone and have my mod be for Vanilla bodies only (which would make me sad but that's a TON more work on top of what I'm doing).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a reassurance - people ARE reading your updates and waiting for you to have something playable as a test :)

Keep up the good work - you are doing amazingly well.