Red Forehead Bug - New Questions ...

ToppDog

I was in the process of adding standalone hairstyles to my mod, & had the red forehead bug affect all the female NPCs I edited. I know how to fix it, & this time around I had to alter cheeks, cheeks2, & lips to get it to go away on every female NPC I edited.

The problem I have now is they all look very plain without any makeup, & I cannot go back to edit any of them without bringing the red forehead back. Any ideas on what I should be doing to get makeup on them without bringing the red forehead back?

The CK hates any non vanilla texture assets, particularly when i comes to facegen parts. Normally when I'm doing face edits I rename the texture folder with the modded makeup/skin files in it temporarily. Once I've finished the NPC and exported the facegen data, I just rename the enhanced textures folder again. It sometimes causes strange textures, though normally only if the modder has done something really radical, but on the whole it works for me. There may be a simpler fix though.

Yeah, that's what's weird. Other than using the hairstyles, I haven't used any textures other than vanilla. They're just NPC's in a house mod, not custom followers. Now, if I try to edit the lip color, the lips don't change color, but the foreheads do. Very strange.

• 1 year later...

The CK hates any non vanilla texture assets, particularly when i comes to facegen parts. Normally when I'm doing face edits I rename the texture folder with the modded makeup/skin files in it temporarily. Once I've finished the NPC and exported the facegen data, I just rename the enhanced textures folder again. It sometimes causes strange textures, though normally only if the modder has done something really radical, but on the whole it works for me. There may be a simpler fix though.

two years later

this

saved

me

oh my god i was getting so mad i had checked all the texture layers setting interpolation 50,000 f*#@ing times.

disabled high res makeup for skse, bam.