Oblivion Character Overhaul/Blockhead. First time using and unsure why they aren't working.

Maybe something related to NMM? I have never used it myself, so I do not know.

Mod Organizer with manually restructuring the mod (I think, cannot remember now) before adding it to MO works. So maybe OCO 2 is not compatible with NMM? Maybe? Maybe not?

What form of archive invalidation are you using (BSA Redirection is the recommended method)? It should be compatible with installing with NMM, but I've seen plenty of reports of troubles with the latest versions of NMM. I don't use NMM myself so I can't say for certain whether the latest version works for OCO v2 or not.

To confirm that OBSE is installed and working correctly look in your saves folder and see if you have an OBSE co-save for each save you've made since installing it (i.e. for a save named MySave09.ess you will also have a save named MySave09.obse if OBSE is installed and working correctly). To confirm the Blockhead is working look in the Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins folder and see if it has created the file Blockhead.ini (it creates it's INI file the first time it runs successfully). Note that Blockhead will not work without OBSE, so confirm OBSE first and then Blockhead.